Chapter Forty: The One Thing I Can't Live Without

Picture is my Glory/Pietro edit.

Music is "Still Here" by Digital Daggers nightcore.

All rights go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"I have to protect the one thing I can't live without. That's you." ~Tony Stark to Pepper Potts

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Hey guys!

This is the last chapter :) There will be an epilogue after this, but this is the last "chapter". I hope you have enjoyed this story! I sure have enjoyed writing is :)

Thank you all so much!

~Save_Pietro_Maximoff

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER FORTY

Getting out of the prison was the easiest thing I've done in a long time. Going there was hard, but what came after was a dread.

I had only been here mere days, and I intended to make the best of it. I started collecting my dozens and dozens of boxes of Marvel comics to bring back with me to the Marvel world. Bad idea? Most definitely, but me being there with my knowledge has already changed the course that world will take. All the terrible things that happen, I can help prevent them, so why the hell not?

I place box after box by my front door. Comics, a few valuable things, memories. Pietro said he would come through the portal after the trail and help me move them (quickly) through to our new world.

I hear a slight tapping on my door, and I smile. "That must be my boy," I whisper to myself. I straighten up and hurry to open the front door.

Standing outside, looking as young as I remember her from this world, is Aspen Penrose. My heart drops and a lump rises in my throat. A few tears prick my eyes as I try to control my emotions.

She smiles at me, completely oblivious to the past week I've been through. I drop my comic-filled box and grab her, pulling her to me in a tight embrace. "Whoa!" she exclaims, laughing. She hugs me back but is clearly confused. "What has you so worked up, Morning Glory?"

I laugh, thinking I'd never hear those words from her again. Pulling back, I wipe my eyes and smile at her. "I'm so sorry."

Aspen rolls her eyes at me, still confused. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I shake my head. "I just... I just missed you, is all."

"You just saw me a week ago, silly." We walk into the room and I close the door after her. "How did the trial go?"

"Guilty on all three charges. He's going away for a very long time. Forty-five years."

She smiles a bit. "Oh, thank God. I hate to say I'm happy, but to say anything else would be a lie."

I burst out laughing. "You have no idea how relieved I am."

Aspen scrunches up her nose. "I think I do, actually." She looks at all my boxes. "You going somewhere?"

I sigh. "Nah. Just clearing out some old junk." I look into her eyes in wonder. I had forgotten that this world is separate from mine. She's real here, she's alive here. "How is Vlad?"

She blushes a little. "He's good. He asked me out on a date, you know."

A huge smile breaks across my face and I take her hands in mine. "That's great, Penzie! I have a feeling you two will be perfect together. My best guy and my best girl."