Chapter Ten: Trust My Rage

Hey guys!

The picture is Gregory (Boo! Hiss!). Enjoy!

Love and Light,
~Save_Pietro_Maximoff

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Picture is by unknown.

Music is "Freedom Fighters" by Two Steps From Hell.

All right go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"Trust my rage." ~Loki Friggason

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TEN

I open my eyes, seeing everything back in normal 3D, thankfully. I hear the water from my bathroom running. Pietro must be getting a shower.

I sit up, stretching my arms up. The clock reads 7 pm. "I slept for six hours?" I ask myself aloud. "Damn."

Getting my, I slowly make my way to the kitchen. Being sick made the little lunch I ate not sit well with me, so I'm famished. Picking out sauce, noodles, and chicken from their correct places, I begin to create one of my favorite dishes: grilled chicken with Alfredo noodles. Seriously. If you haven't tried it, you haven't tasted heaven yet.

When the water starts to boil, I attempt to reach other to pour the pasta noodles in, while grilling the chicken on the George Foreman mini grill. Pietro walks up to me, at normal speed surprisingly, and grasps the box of pasta from my hands. "Let me help," he says, giving me a peck on the cheek.

Doing as I instruct, he stirs the noodles one every couple minutes as I finish the chicken and create the home made Alfredo sauce. Once finished, the dish looks like something from Asgard. Delicious.

I hand Pietro the dish along with a cup of orange juice. He seems to love it as much as I do. "How was your rest?" he asks, taking a bite of the dinner.

"Very good," I reply. "I needed it pretty badly. Thank you for letting me sleep that long." I reach over and squeeze his hand.

He squeezes back. "I am glad you are feeling better. How is your vision?"

"Much better. It's back to normal. Well, as normal as I can be." I chuckle.

We eat the rest of the supper in peace and quiet, enjoying each other's company. With a long day of noise and chaos, it's nice to have someone who can be as quiet as I am.

"What did you do while I was at school?" I ask, taking our dishes over to the sink once they're done.

Pietro shrugs. "Not much. I... um... Googled, yes that is the word! I Googled some of the events and places that I know happened in my world."

"What did you find?"

He comes over to help me. "Not much. Most, if all, never happened. Your reality is so strange."

I laugh. "Yeah, yours seems more fun."

"Oh, da. Ultron and Loki and Thanos and Ulysses Klaue-"

"Okay, okay. I get it," I say, laughing. "You take the good with the bad. Superheroes come with supervillians."

"There is a lot more bad than good in my world, Возлюбленная. Maybe you have not seen it through those... comics of yours."

"There's a lot of evil here, too," I reply. "War on Terror, Vietnam, World Wars, atomic bombs, euthanasia, holocaust, hate crimes, persecution of religion, abuse, human trafficing, rape, inflation, debt, murder, suicide, bullying, you name it, we got it." I sigh. "But that doesn't mean you abandon all home that things will get better. Things always get better, Pietro." I look up at him. His face seems grim and unbelieving. "What? You don't think so?"