(17)

"hey pretty boy— i mean what i mean uh i mean i mean i mean"

posted: 10.22.22

🌸 is facetiming! pick up?

🌸 is facetiming!
pick up?

scrambling around, he barely managed to fix his hair and grab his glasses before the call ran out. picking it up, he saw her pretty face, it seemed like she just woke up. he'd been up for a good 2 or 3 hours working on work before his first class and some choreography for his busking session later. "sungie," hearing her morning voice nearly sent him to a whole other world. thoughts he's never had before driving him mad immediately

"haah, did you just wake up?" he couldn't hide his panic or his tears now, why was she facetiming him? him? of all people to call in the first place. man was he falling apart every time he was in contact with her. "mmh, yeah, i just wanted to call you and say good morning. i don't know.. why.." his head was basically screaming at this point.

this was just too intentional. she was trying to mess with him right? right? holy shit he was a mess. his mom was gonna get a very messy visit back home soon and it is not gonna be pretty.

"oh..? well, uhm. good morning, freckles." the nickname just fell right off the tip of his tongue. it just fit so well, her freckles would be seen as unattractive to korean beauty standards, but a year overseas made him more open minded. she was gorgeous. she was like a galaxy of freckles. each one telling its own little story.

"cute.. are you doing anything later? i don't have classes today so do you mind me tagging along with whatever you're doing." he smiled lightly, although unsure to what word she said at first, he really did want to meet with her. her face smushed against her pillow and mostly covered with a blanket. she looked tired, it was kinda cute. "i like your glasses sungie." slightly pointing to the screen at where he assumed she saw him, he smiled almost immediately.

he just couldn't control his face whenever he was talking to her. she brought the best out of him. maybe he didn't dislike his glasses anymore. maybe he really liked his glasses. maybe he'll wear them more after saying so adamantly that he hated them. "yeah, you can tag along. i'll see you on campus in like an hour or so?" he didn't want to force her out of bed or anything. she looked comfortable and cute.

"mmh, (yawn) are you okay, with.. staying on the call with me while i get ready. i need someone, to, talk to." barely getting through her words straight, he felt like he was smiling like a maniac or something. "yeah, for sure. i got a little cramming to do before i have to go." pulling out his apple pen, he was already working at his ipad when she called anyways.

propping up his phone on his water bottle, he hummed, glancing up every once and awhile to see what step the girl was in her morning routine. "skincare is such a hassle. aish. i swear." tsking to herself, he couldn't help but watch her get ready in her bathroom. it was almost entertaining seeing her complain about small inconveniences of things she was doing.

he had so much schoolwork to do.. right. schoolwork. trying to snap out of his trance, he sighed and went back to scribbling on his ipad. god, it was so much more convenient than normal notes. thank god for this i guess.

he could basically see her in the distance, and she was gorgeous. it was like the rays of the sun rising from a pitch black sky. beautiful. even if she was wearing the simplest thing in the world, she was the prettiest girl in his world, and that's all that matters to her. it was hard to imagine anyone so beautiful that was like the sun.

"do you have class?" she cooed, linking their arms together out of her own habit. his breath hitched at the sudden contact. seeing the realization sink in on her side, she gasped and let go. "oh my god, i'm sorry. i usually do that when i see my friends." she apologized profusely, making him chuckle. "it's fine, if you want, you can, i was just surprised."

as she continued to hesitate, she ended up caving and linking their arms together. their height difference, his comfortableness, his warmth, his everything. holy shit. she felt a storm of emotions kick her in the face all at once. this would be the part where she pulled him down and kissed him like in a kdrama.

"yeah, i have class, i don't know how to manage having you there though." he teased lightly, seeing her face puff up from his words. "you act like i'm going to distract you the entire time. it's your problem if you get distracted snow top." she rolled her eyes in disbelief of his words. "i can't help it if i'm with you..."
"pardon?"
"you're excused."

sitting beside him, this class was boring. his minor in social economics was the most boring thing ever. she wanted to sneak into a class like history of whatever dance form would be interesting, not this. she didn't realize how helpful it was gonna be to bring in her own apple pen (and her ipad as a matter of fact) today. the other was so intently taking notes that it made her fall in love with him all of a sudden.

everything he happened to do made her fall madly in love with him at every given moment. doodling on her ipad, she looked over every once and awhile and just stared at his hands. did you know she had a thing for hands? well now you do, and oh boy is it a problem. ESPECIALLY when she's with him. god damn, tears drenching her face type of beat.

she was deathly bored but didn't want to distract him, so the only solution was to take out her markers and doodle on her arms and hands.

she had perfected those one line stars so much that it was sorta concerning. looking back over to the male, she didn't know what she should do. leave him alone, or draw something on his hand and distract him. well of course she's impulsive. drawing a smiley face on his hand, she could see his entire body freeze as he looked over to her.

her eyes were open like doe eyes and acted as innocent as the fake that she was. seeing him sigh slightly, he shifted his hand flat on the table for her to freely draw on it. looking between the hand and him, he had already gone back to note taking. she was in love. she was over the moon. he was openly allowed this?

on one knee with a ring in hand right now. smiling, she drew small hearts and stars around his hand, flowers sprinkled in. it made her nervous when she was doing it. why was she so nervous? everything was and is fine. haha. the urge to hold his hand was fighting everything in the way and she was losing. she was so close to doing it too. but her self control.

her self control would kill her if it let her off its leash.

feeling an almost warmth creep over his hand, he looked over and saw her creeping her hand underneath it and turning it to interlock them. his jaw hung for a moment before he gulped. his heart was pounding profusely and she was losing it. her hands were so warm and comfortable. why was she holding his hand. actually, don't question it and just accept it right? he felt every bone in his body screaming and crying.

his stomach spun and his heart did summersaults. he was so deeply, swooningly in love with this girl. what was stopping him from outright kissing this girl right here in the middle of lecture? he could barely pay attention to writing notes. he was gonna fail if he let this continue. it'll be fine. it's always fine when he's with her.