Chapter 12

{Right this is long and I'm trying to get to the plot but damn I'm running out of ideas. Also, I barely wrote anything smut-related but holy guacamole it's so weird. WhY wAs I nOt InFoRmEd Of ThAt!?!?}

Sakusa POV

*************************************************************************************************************

I waited in the library for a minute until I was sure that both Madeleine and Atsumu were long gone.

I sighed and stood up, I stretched and then began walking towards the doors. I knew that Madeleine must have already dropped Atsumu off and was on her way back to the library.

Not to help me, of course, she has a habit of staying up for hours to just read. I'm always telling her to not do that, considering her job requires a decent amount of sleep.

Anyway, true to my prediction, I ran into her not too far from the library.

I stopped her and started the interrogation, "What were you talking about with Atsumu?"

She smiled wide, like the Cheshire cat. I sighed, knowing that face meant that she would not tell me the whole truth no matter what.

"I was just asking him what he thought of my house," She twirled a strand of her curled hair with a finger and batted her eyelashes at me innocently.

"Bullshit," I stared at her intensely, "I know you were trying to matchmake us, stop it. It's not going to work out. It never does."

"Yeah, but this time is diff-" I cut her off.

"NO. You know what happened last time," My voice cracked slightly and I fought to keep my face neutral, "I don't want to go through that again."

She wore a shocked expression but eventually her face became somber, "I remember, Kiyoomi. But I also remember what a narcissistic asshole he was. I just don't want to see you alone forever." she said, placing her hands on my shoulders. I didn't shrug them off, her touch didn't bother me loads because of our history together.

"I know, Madeleine, but please, let me just . . . let me find someone on my own."

She sighed and pulled me into a hug, "Ok, Kiyoomi, but please, don't keep pushing people away. It hurts to see you all alone."

"I'm not completely alone," I mumbled and hugged her back, "but I promise, now butt out of my love life."

"Hmm, no promises," She giggled, patted my head, and ran away quickly.

It took a moment to process what had just happened and the moment I did, I yelled back at her, "FUCK YOU, MADELEINE!" I heard the faint sound of her maniacal laugh echo off the walls.

I groaned and trudged back to my room. As I arrived, I noticed Atsumu's door was open and the lights were on.

Curiously, I peeked in, wondering why in the world he was up so late. At first, I didn't notice him, but after a minute I noticed him sprawled out on the bed. He was laying on top of the blankets and I'm pretty sure he was shivering slightly.

I sighed and walked over to him to lay the blankets on him. When I approached, I couldn't help but notice how just . . . utterly beautiful he truly was. And sure, I've obviously noticed the potential he had, but this was different now.

He wasn't carrying the burden of constant anxiety in the back of his mind, he was simply calm. And it was gorgeous. His face was so relaxed and I realized I had never seen him look like this before. He'd always had some sort of cloud covering his face. It may not be super noticeable, but if you were truly looking, you would see that he was constantly troubled by something. But not now, right then, he looked like he had not a care in the world.