time to gather and resupply

Y/N's POV

It's been a few days since Faith captured me again and I escaped but I still didn't tell anyone about the incident with Ruby mostly out of fear for my life. I did hit a couple of outposts in those few days killing more pegies but for today I had a different task I was behind the prison fishing rod in hand trying to catch some fish. It was a cloudy day so I had no worries except for the occasional Peggy on a jet ski but other than that I was relaxed until.

*crunch*

I dropped my fishing pole turned, drew my m1911, and aimed it at the head of the pink alien-like girl all before the pole hit the ground.

Mina(scared): Hold it! hold it! I am good!

She screamed moments away from meeting her maker.

Y/N: I highly doubt that.

I said holstering my pistol before picking up my fishing rod.

Mina: Akeno again?

Y/N: Yep like a lost puppy.

I said as Mina sat down setting her fishing rod down.

Mina: Why don't you tell her you don't like her?

Y/N: I want to lead her on a little longer before I crush her a little pay back you might say.

I said as I noticed the fishing rod.

Y/N: you fish?

I asked.

Mina: No I was wondering if you could teach me how.

Y/N: sure Fishing is relaxing so I'll teach you.

I said reeling in my line before standing up. Mina stood up and picked up her rod as I stood behind her taking her hands in mine. I took one of her left hands off the rod and rotated her right wrist so the rod was pointed right.

Y/N: keep one hand on the rod and use the other for the reel then toss it like this.

I said as I moved her arm back as we threw the line into the water.

Mina: N-Now what?

She said purple dusting her cheeks.

Y/N: Pull the line in slowly to draw in the fish.

I said pulling the line slowly and smoothly.

Y/N: once you feel them take the bait snatch the rod and reel them in.

I said backing off from her and going back to my rod. After a while of reeling and casting I heard a squeal of excitement causing me to look over to see Mina trying to reel in a fish.

Mina(excited): I got a bite!

She said excitement evident in her voice as she pulled the rod back. I smiled seeing the joy on her face as she reeled the fish in and pulled it out of the water.

Mina(excited): I got it look! look!

She said holding the rainbow trout up like small child catching their first fish.