Chapter Nineteen

The line rang as I anxiously tapped my foot. I stood in front of my closet, panicking.

"Hello?" Hex answered.

"Oh thank god! I need help!" I exclaimed quickly.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay? Tell me what's happening Sadie." I heard him say in an instant panic. I could hear him standing up abruptly, a few things falling to the ground as he did. I then heard him trip a little bit and swear.

"Oh no no no, calm down. Sorry." I laughed. "Sorry I didn't mean to panic you. It's nothing bad." I clarified. He sighed.

"Jesus Stitch, you almost gave me a heart attack." He complained, with a deep inhale.

"I'm sorry." I chuckled. "Honestly I'm just calling because I have a date and don't know what to wear." I explained. Hex scoffed a chuckle. I could imagine him shaking his head.

"Why do you insist on calling me with stuff like this? I don't know how to help you." He whined melodramatically.

"Please! I don't have anyone else to call!"

"What about Phoenix?" He suggested. I shook my head, but quickly, and sadly, realized he wasn't with me.

"No, I know her, I like her, but I don't know her that well yet."

"So you're settling for me?!?" He exclaimed.

"Of course! We've been friends for over four years. You're my best friend, I call you for everything." I explained. He paused.

"Dammit." He sighed. "That was really nice. Fine, FaceTime me, and show me outfits that you're thinking." He said. I changed the call to FaceTime, seeing Hex looking at the phone at an awkward angle. I set him up on the bedside table. "What are you guys doing?" He asked, his video legging for a second, before becoming clear.

"Dinner. He said something between a fancy restaurant and a pizzeria." I answered. He nodded.

"You got any dresses or skirts?"

"I have two pencil skirts, though they're short and meant more for the bar. I have a couple dresses though." I answered. I opened the closet and started going through my normal clothes. I had brought a lot more with me this time, as I knew I'd be staying for longer periods of time.

I had a total of six dresses. Two were long around the house dresses, so I quickly vetoed them. The other four had potential. I grabbed them, putting them on my bed, before presenting them to Hex one at a time. The first was a black dress. It had thing straps and hugged my body. I only held it up for him to see.

"I think it's too dark. Looks like the type of dress you'd wear with a leather jacket to the club. Actually come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've seen you wear it for that exact reason." He said. I nodded.

"I have, that's a good point." I agreed, tossing it back on to the bed. The next dress was a white dress, with a deep v neck and open strapped sides. I held it up for him to see.

"That's a nice one, though depending on what you're eating it could pose as a problem. White is very stainable." He said, I nodded again, agreeing.

"I do really love this dress. But you're right." I said, before tossing it with the black dress. The third dress was a nice emerald green dress with long sheer sleeves. It also had a v neck line, and it hugged the bust when on. It was short, like the others. Hex nodded.

"That's a good option, but I'm not sure if it's perfect, let's see the last one before deciding." He answered. I picked up the forth dress. It was a deep blue, with off the shoulder 3/4 sleeves. It hugged my bust, but fanned out with a couple ruffles on the bottom. It was the longest of the four dresses, stopping shortly after the knees. "Hmm, that one could be good too."