Chapter Twenty-Eight

**Sadie's perspective**

The next two months had gone by in a bit of a blur. I had spent countless hours with my friends, hardly given a moment alone for the first whole month. It was for my own good, I knew that, but I had started to get overwhelming. The start of the second month, I was given more space. Rooster was thoroughly comfortable with my progress and stopped making everyone babysit. It also started training up again. I however wasn't cleared for that. Doctor Fair had argued that my mind space wasn't up to code, and that I would be a liability so soon after the distress of my wound and Hex's death. Her word was final, and I was forced to remain off duty until she gave me the green light.

Rooster however continued to go to training. He was normally gone for about ten hours in a day, leaving me alone the entire time. He always woke me when he left, kissed me goodbye, then I'd have dinner ready for him when he got home. Admittedly, it was a nice routine we'd started. I found peace in feeling like a house wife.

But a whole month had gone by, and I was up for another assessment to see if I was ready yet. I would be going to Doctor Fair on the following Monday. I was nervous and kind of excited. I really just wanted to feel the rush of being in a cockpit again, and the base finally had a new jet ready for me. Rooster had made sure they got my callsign filled in with green paint like my former jet.

"You almost ready? We need to leave soon." Rooster called up the stairs. I was in the ensuite in our room, touching up my hair. I heard Rooster walk into our room, then he stepped into the bathroom, looking at me. His eyes scanned the back side of my body, as I was turned away from him. Then, his eyes went up and met mine in the mirror. A smile rose to his lips. "You look beautiful." He complimented. I smiled in return, unable to resist it. Turning, I faced him, watching his eyes once again scan me.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I said, stepping towards him. He was wearing a black and white tuxedo, with a black bow tie. His hair was combed, and he was wearing a pine scented Cologne. As I reached him, I brought my hands up, adjusting his jacket. He looked down at me, smiling fondly.

"I clean up nice? Don't I?" He chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I took a couple small steps towards him, giggling as I did. My hands landed flatly on his chest, before I slid them up and behind his neck.

"Indeed you do." I mumbled, as he leaned down and kissed me.

Rooster had been my rock the last two months. He had been patient, thoughtful and kind. He always seemed to know exactly what to do at any given time, even though he'd constantly apologize for 'not knowing how to help'.

"We need to go though, Mav will kill me if I'm late." He said, pulling out of the kiss. I nodded, stepping back as he let go of my waist. He grabbed my hand, walking out of the bathroom. Together, the two of us went downstairs. At the door, I slipped on a pair of silver high heels, to go with the navy blue dress I wore. The dress, which Phoenix had helped me pick, had a deep V neck line, with thin straps. It fanned out at my waist, and stopped just above my knees, making it long enough to be appropriate, but short enough to be enticing.

"Do you have the gift?" I asked before we walked out of the house. Rooster paused, looking around the foyer, then cursed quietly under his breath. He ran towards the kitchen, returning with a medium sized box. We had gotten Mav and Penny a new waffle maker for their wedding present. It was one of the few things left on their registry, as rooster insisted on waiting until closer to the wedding, to buy them a gift.

"Now we can go." He said, I nodded, opening the door, and walking outside. We took my car, rooster driving, as I hated driving standard with heels on. It was only a ten minute drive to Penny and Mavericks house. The couple, in a hast to get married, decided to do a small backyard wedding, with only their closest friends and family. Rooster, who was like a son to Maverick, had been given the title of best man, while Penny's teenage daughter, Amelia, was the maid of honour.