The client

I stayed locked in the room for a couple more hours. My phone was gone, there was no way I could get in touch with the outside world.

The door finally got opened. I jumped to my feet and walked up to whoever it was to give them a piece of my mind. "How dare you lock me in here-?!"

When the person entered, I was a tad confused. This man was dressed like one of the bodyguards, with a black suit and an earphone in one ear. "You must be hungry, madam," He asked nicely.

"I wanna go home! Where is um, Bambino or whatever his name is?" I asked.

The man raised an eyebrow at the 'name' I called his boss, but he quickly recovered. "Rosario will be here with your food very soon, madam. The boss will be back when he is done with his meeting"

"I want to go home!" I yelled exasperatedly.

"I am afraid I cannot do that". After saying these words, He left.

Later, the door was opened and a lady I presumed to be Rosario walked in. She had a tray in her hand which she went to place on the bed.

I took the unattended door as a chance to escape. I ran out into the corridor. My eyes caught sight of the bodyguard from earlier standing with two other men down at the end of the hallway— looking all tall and intimidating. This has 'dangerous' written all over it.

One of the men saw me. Soon, the other men turned their heads in my direction. I stood frozen like my feet were nailed to the floor.

Coming from behind me were sounds of stilettos making contact with the tiled floor. I turned to see Rosario running towards me... I ran towards her since she seemed like the least threatening. It's just like when you are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea; and you choose the devil.

I slipped from right under her arms and continued running to the other end of the corridor.

"Madam, please stop!!" They begged in low voices. But why should I listen to people who have kidnapped me?

A bedroom door came into view. I unlocked the door, entered, and locked it.

They begged me from the outside to come out, but I refused. I looked the room around to see if I could escape through the window or something.

From the corner of my eye, I saw movement under the white sheet on the bed. I looked in that direction, my heart skipped a thousand beats just wondering who it might be.
The next thing I heard was the loudest cry imaginable.

The white bed covers were pushed off to reveal a little boy not older than five. His curly black hair stuck to his forehead because of sweat.

"Oh, sweetie. Shh," I went to sit beside him. He stared at me as if I was a stranger—I was a stranger, no argument there. "Don't cry, okay" I raised my hand in surrender, to show him that I meant no harm. When he let his guard down a little, I placed my fingers on his fluffy cheeks and wiped his tears. "Sorry, baby, I didn't mean to wake you." I cooed at him in my mommy voice.

He hugged me, and I returned the hug. Such a sweet boy, where is his mother?

The door was opened from the outside with a key, and a man in a black tux walked in. The aura around this man is mysterious, yet familiar. The scent of his perfume filled my nostrils, reminding me of the previous night. My cheeks turned red as bashful thoughts ran through my mind. He must be the man I have been looking for all day. The client who kept me locked in.

I got up with the boy in my arms and walked up to the man. "How could you keep me locked up for so many hours?! What kind of a man are you?! I have a life to get back to, you know?" I yelled at him.

His dark brown eyes were fixated on the little boy in my arms: "How did you get him to stay quiet?"

I looked down at the boy and returned my attention to the man. "Oh, you kidnapped this boy from his mother, didn't you? I am warning you to let us both go, now!"

The boy twisted in my arms and turned his head to the man. "Papa?" He called softly.

"Sì, Gio. sono qui" The man took the boy from me. The boy didn't hesitate to jump into his arms. The man stared at me as if I did some magic trick. "He never lets anyone hold him like this, thank you". He turned towards the door and started walking out. "Follow me"

I followed him, we walked past the three men and an angry-looking Rosario.

We got downstairs to the living room. I sat down on the sofa opposite him and the boy in his arms.

I'd hate to sound like a line in almost every romance novel, but yes, he is the most handsome I have ever seen. He has short black hair which was perfectly groomed that not a single strand was out of place.

I decided to stop staring at the man's gorgeous face and focus my attention on my surrounding... Boy what a house! The walls, the floor, as well as the furniture, are expensive vintage; like an ancestral home. The entrance is a large double door. And to my right, at the far end of the living room is a long dining table with so many chairs surrounding it.

Rosario came down with some snacks. She offered me some but I declined.

"You haven't eaten since morning, have some" The man's voice is assertive yet enchanting. I could listen to him speak all day.

"I wanna go home, I'm not hungry". I replied.

"Fine. You may leave"

I heaved out a sigh of relief.

Just as soon as the words left his mouth, his bodyguards came down, handed me my belongings, and led me out.

Why did this feel way too easy?