Little Miss Perfect

A couple of days ago, I didn't know who this Mira chick was. But today, I hate the sound of that name more than anything. How can a person be such a saint? Everyone has only good things to say about her. She was just perfect.

They told me that she is of royal blood, one of the bloodlines of an ancient Roman family. Well, if she was so perfect, why did she marry a mafia boss?...Love?...Oh, come on!

I was just a street rat when I met Geraldo back in the United States. Yes, I am an American girl who fell in love with a shady Italian man and followed him to Spain.
Geraldo was Don Patrizio's right-hand man, always at his beck and call. Neglected me when I was pregnant just to please his boss. Yet here I am, putting myself in danger, pretending to be Don Patrizio's perfect little wife.
The only person I feel sorry for is Giovanni. The poor lad just wants his mommy, and he believes that's who I am. He will be so heartbroken when he finds out the truth.

"You are not walking like a proper lady, señora!!" Yelled Rosario from the other end of the room where I am being taught how to walk like I've got a stick stuck up my ass.

"I am trying!!" I barked back. You think it's easy, you hold hag?! Of course, I wouldn't call her that to her face.

"Try harder! Mira could walk a thousand steps without staring at the floor. She walked like a graceful gazelle, and not like a donkey with knocked knees!."

"Well if it's so easy, maybe YOU should become Mira. It'll save us the trouble!"

She marched angrily up to me. "Don't think I care for your sarcasm, Americana! It is not easy for me to teach another woman to replace my mistress. I watched Mira grow up into the most elegant woman in Europe, and you think you can become like her in just a week?!"

"You might wanna complain to your boss on that one." I folded my hands on my chest and stood my ground.

She quivered lightly. "Let-Let us continue". She handed me a pile of books which I placed on my head. They helped me keep my head upright when I walk.
This time, she was more respectful and I followed her instructions. For Bella's well-being, I'm ready to become whomever Patrizio wants.

***

  We were making progress, and I was getting closer to Gio. The poor boy has to spend his early years without his mamma. As for me, my mother abandoned me, only to come back when she chose. The void caused by the absence of a parent can never be overemphasized. People call you a brat for acting out, but if only they knew what you are going through.

"Read me this one, mama!" Gio handed me his favorite storybook. He returned to his bed and went under the covers. His big brown eyes stared up eagerly at me.

I cleared my throat. "Yes, my little boy. So," I opened the book. "Once upon a time, there lived a king-"

Suddenly, the door was pushed open, it was Patrizio. He accessed me and Gio, then walked right into the room. "Sorry for interrupting" His hands were up in surrender.

"Papa!" Gio jumped up and ran to his fathers. Patrizio lifted the boy in the air and kissed him. "Join mama and read me a story" Insisted Gio.

Patrizio placed the boy gently on the bed and sat beside me. The awkwardness between us wasn't noticed by the little boy who was busy listening to me as I read to him. A few minutes in, his heavy eyelids finally closed, and he fell asleep. Patrizio kissed his forehead and turned off the light.

We both walked out into the hallway. I ignored him and went ahead, but he took hold of my hand from behind. I stopped in my tracks and turned to him. "What?"

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To sleep" I stated.

"That is not the direction of our bedroom. The past few days, I let you sleep in the guest room because you asked for space. You've had enough space, come back to our room"

"Our room?" I scoffed. "You mean yours and Mira's room, I don't belong there. Besides, all this is just an act anyway, I'm not your wife"

He grimaced. "But you're the woman I paid good money for. I will not tell you again, come sleep in our bed" He let go of my hand and walked in the opposite direction. Then he entered the room up ahead and shut the door.

I stood there confused. I can't afford to have him pissed at me, not now. Damn you, Patrizio!
I walked to the door, unlocked it, and entered his room. The smell of lavender invaded my nostrils most pleasantly. Scented candles beautified the floor, leading straight to the bed. I followed the path created by the candles and made my way to the bed. I found a note stuck to the bedpost and I read it.

"Wear this dress"

I noticed the glamorous red fabric on the mattress. I picked it up and observed it. It is a short cocktail dress with straps at the back and splashes of silver on the satin. I must admit that Patrizio is a man of great taste, but a bad temper.
I wore the dress in the closet and returned to the room. This time, he was there, in a white shirt and a pair of white trousers. He had his hands in his pocket as his eyes ravaged me.

I walked up to him but stood a few inches away. "Why all this?"

"If you're going to be acting as Mira, I think you should experience the passion between her and me." His deep voice reverberated down to my soul, but all this is just for Mira, not me.

I smacked my lips and nodded my head. "Okay, whatever you say, boss"

He closed the distance between us and handed me a glass of wine I didn't notice before. I took the glass and sipped a little of the drink. He took a sip out of my hand. Then, he placed the glass on the nightstand.

He carried me in his arms to the terrace where a gentle breeze brushed over my skin. He placed me on my feet and stood towering over me.
Decorating the night sky were stars and a bright crescent moon. City lights from the horizon and the smell of Patrizio's perfume intoxicated me more than any wine. Those mysterious eyes of his watched me with lust and another emotion I could not understand.

He brought his hands to my waist and held me close, His breath fanned my face. I closed my eyes anticipating his kiss, but it never came. When I opened my eyes, I saw the devilish look on his face. His lips curled into a smirk. "You must be enjoying all this: my affection, my love, but always remember this, you are not my Mira, you will never be my Mira. You are just Veronica Russo, a prostitute. You offer yourself to the highest bidder."

My mouth opened and closed like a fish. But before I could give him a befitting response, he let go of me and walked back inside. I stood there like a statue. Why does it hurt so much? Why does his rejection affect me? I hate him, that arrogant bastard. One day, I will laugh at his face when I get my revenge, but how? How do I get retribution?
Suddenly, an idea popped up in my mind. It's a long shot, but it is worth a try. Giving Patrizio a taste of his own medicine, isn't that suicide? Who knows? But I have to try.

A/N: Sorry about the late update. Things have been crazy, but I'm glad to be back!