Perfect

Veronica's point of view

  After Patrizio left the hospital, Tessy got a phone call from Jack, that one of her kids had fallen ill. I begged Patrizio's man to drive her home, he reluctantly agreed and they both left.

  Not more than thirty minutes later, a group of nurses appeared out of nowhere, claiming they wanted to transport Bella to another ward. I objected and demanded to see Bella's doctor, but then, one of them pointed a gun at me and whispered that if I didn't comply, they would shoot my poor Bella.

It was 1:40 am and surprisingly, none of the workers came to my rescue. I signaled the receptionist that we were in danger, but she ignored me. I had no choice but to follow them as they rolled Bella's bed out the back and put us into an ambulance. I was blindfolded and we were transported to where ever they were taking us. The drive was long and I prayed that Tessy would call the police when she returns and doesn't see us.

"Out!" A masculine voice ordered just as soon as the ambulance came to a stop. The blindfold was kept on, and my eyes were starting to hurt.

I felt a strong hand grip my arm and yanked me out. I could hear Bella's bed being rolled up beside me as we went further into what I presume to be a building. We were taken up a flight of stairs and the next thing I knew, I was enveloped by a warmth that only fire can give. A sweet fragrance lingered in the air— a mixture of different kinds of scented candles that blend perfectly. The soft rug under my feet gave a sinking sensation as I walked on them.

The blindfold was removed and my eyes adjusted to the mild light. The first things I noticed were the royal-blue walls and the white ceiling.
Silver drapes hung over the glass windows.
A few inches away from the king-sized bed were two chairs facing each other.
Opposite the bed was what seemed like an altar where burning candles of different colors were lined up on a table.

A man came to stand in front of me. A man I never thought I'd ever see again. "Geraldo?"

He had a shit-eating grin on his face as he watched me. "I have missed you, beautiful." He touched my cheek.

"Don't touch me! Where have you been?"

"You're not happy to see me? You're not happy to see your beloved husband, Vee?"

I shook my head. "You're not my husband."

He burst into a peel of laughter with his head thrown backward. "Oh, you've always been funny, Vee."  He turned serious and gradually, his hand made its way up my chest until it squeezed my neck.  "You must have been overjoyed when you heard about my death, you bitch! You always wanted me gone, and you finally got what you wished for."

I forced myself to talk despite the pressure he was putting on my airways.  "I never wished you ill. You were insecure"

"Shut the fuck up!" He let go of my neck  "You didn't hesitate to fall into the arms of other men... stinking whore."

I have never felt so bad when someone insulted me about being a prostitute, but Geraldo's words tore me to shreds. Suddenly, I felt all the shame in the world wash down on me. Like an adulterous woman being paraded on the streets before she is stoned to death. The way he looked at me with disgust. 

"H-how could you say that to me, Geraldo? It was all because of you... Chris-"

"-Made you an offer to transport drugs but instead, you chose to sleep around." He cut me short.