Soft

Looking back I saw Loki looking at me with sad empathy, his face littered with cuts and mouth covered with that horrible gag thing and wrist loosely tied with chains.

I gave him my best smile and moved once again closer to hug him, softer this time but still holding on to him as my anchor.

"I need this, don't care if it's all a dream and you aren't real. Can my dream simply be this?"

The murmurs that left my lips weren't directed to everyone but not hearing a word from Loki was getting me nervous so I let go looking up at his face. His eyes where looking deep into mine in a mix of confusion and curiosity.

"Let me get this off you, let's be honest, you could kill them all either way!"

Everyone kept quiet but I could almost feel the tension growing as I raised my hand and deactivated the gag like I'd always knew how it worked.

His mouth finally free, Loki's first instinct was of course to smirk, hiding the pain and trauma he was going through after the whole NY episode.

"How do you know me mortal?"

Of course that had to be his first words, and I couldn't be happier a small chuckle leaving my lips. Hugging him again, I noticed now that the more I did it the quicker he relaxed and held me back.

"Mortal?!"

Rubbing my cheek on his chest I try and breath in as much of his scent as I can for when I wake up.

"You're amazing!"

This seemed to make him tense and the pitch of his voice also showed it.

"I know, but how come you seem to know me personally?"

I felt better, still like a dirt bag, but a fancier dirt bag now.

"Your comics series and movies, well not yours but yeah..."

He was obviously still confused but decided to let it be for now. I tried to hug him again but was gently stopped his still chained hands on my shoulders.

"Come on dear, let's sit down, your knees are trembling "

I embarrassedly notice how he's right and I'd mostly been leaning on him for support, guess my acting's got worse with time... I used to be able to fool everyone, act like everything was perfectly fine

Following after Loki I sit down next to him staring at my hands, not noticing how the avenger's seemed to have watched a murder instead of Loki acting like he truly is. Loki had pushed me away, even if just to make me sit, and now I just couldn't bring myself to attempt once again...

Apparently I was obviously not okay, so much Loki moved closer and said.

"Come on darling, I know you want to"

Of course he had to appear sassy and teasing when saying this but it still made me feel better. Hugging him I bring my knees to my chest and try to hide and just disappear in the confort of his chest.