Purring

It all rushes back to me and I recognized the person.

"Loki..."

I can't help but whisper out loud in a mix of marvel and wonder. It was all real, definitely not a dream!

One doesn't sleep in dreams, or at least I never have.

Hearing his name get called Loki mumbled something groggily and pulling closer as the purring started again.

My eyes were now wide open he'd moved to press my head back against his chest as it once was his chin now resting on my head, trying to keep me locked there.

This forced me to notice what was emitting the soft rumbling sound, the purring. It was Loki and my heart was literally melting!

Thor walked in followed Bruce, probably chosen to check on us as the calmer and most informed in this situation. I think I read somewhere about Bruce having done some psychology course.

Looking at them with my eyes still why I open my mouth in a silent aww before closing my eyes to be able to hear better.

Bruce looked confused as I opened my eyes again and pouting moved to rub Loki's back softly. This man was breaking my heart with how sweet and soft this unknown side of him was!

"He's freaking purring"

I try and whisper while still being heard and resisting the temptation to kiss Loki at least on his forehead, although I'd clearly prefer somewhere else.

"I didn't know he could do that"

My grip on Loki tightened, this wasn't a dream and I was actually cuddling Loki AND he was purring.

Thor smirked and chuckled as quietly as he could. He still seemed tense, but must've guessed something was wrong for his brother's wall to crumble so easily, at the appearance of someone who knew and understood apparently far more than he did.

Bruce was purely confused. I seemed to show so much adoration and care towards Loki he didn't even know if it was healthy.

Thor's chuckle got a bit louder once he noticed the look the mortal girl was giving his brother, one of care and adoration. And he silently hoped she would make him fall just so he could have his sweet vengeance for all the mockeries over his relationship with Jane!

His brother's might have just gotten back from his "death" but he hadn't waisted a moment to mock him over the fact that he still maintained relationship with a weak mortal.

The loud sound slightly shook Loki enough for him to wake up partially but still hold on to me and purr, it looked like he didn't even notice.

Trying to wake him up as softly as possible, he deserved some peace after the constant stress, fear and anxiety he must've been through, my movements continue.

"Didn't know you could purr, it's comforting... didn't appear in the comics or movies that's for sure"

He cleared his throat repeatedly trying to stop the sounds. When he finally succeeded he looked around to find his very smug older brother.