Ch. 60 - Of Stones and Diamonds

"Emergency! Multiple enemy cadres have appeared on the battlefield and just ambushed the strike team." Sekingar was keeping in touch with HQ.

"Ah, we must help them with the counterattack and score the game!" Captain Mizuki proposed.

"And what could we ever accomplish anyway? They are tough nuts to crack even for the S-Class. We'll just become cannon fodder." One-Shotter objected.

"He's right, sadly. Power gap is too great between us and them." Needle Star sighed.

"No need to fret. I'll join the strike team immediately. If I avoid that ugmon I met already I should be enough to dispose of those other evildoers." Sweet Mask was cracking knuckles while leaving the vehicle.

"Power gap doesn't matter. Everyone should do what he can within his own capabilities." Sekingar took the floor in front of the support team.

"Sweet Mask is strong enough to be of help while the rest of us should bail out. Let's proceed towards the base camp up-state. We still have the hostage with us, we must assure her safety before making reckless decisions." He ordered.

As he was speaking everyone in the APC got pushed back by a sudden acceleration.

"Letting Y/N and the others face such dangers while being busy protecting me... I can't allow that!" Yotsuba took controls of the car, sprinting towards the scene.

"Let's save the S-Class heroes, all together!" She was smiling, unfazed by the danger she was driving into.

"W-Wait a minute!" Everyone aboard failed on change her mind.

"D-Did they just leave me behind?" Sweet Mask was looking the truck vanishing on the horizon, a tumbleweed rolling in front of him his only spectator.

"Grrr... where's that damn woman? I won't be satisfied until I see her dead body." Psykos was searching for Tatsumaki.

Suddenly debris from all around began to float, affected by psychokinesis.

"There you are..." She jumped to look behind a rock, the only shelter around.

"She's not here. So who's doing...!" She sensed a presence behind her.

"It's been a while, Psykos." Fubuki appeared, challenging the Leader of the Monster Association with which she seemed to share a bond.

"Oh, the useless sister! Indeed, we haven't seen each other since high-school." The woman began to laugh, unfazed by the power of the younger sister.

"You brought me good memories from my youth. Like when we were running together our psychic fan-club, at the time I was your mere underling but now the story has changed. I'd love chitchatting a bit but I've to quit with the reminiscing cause I'm in a hurry. Please die peacefully and with haste." She struck her with a direct attack.

"Now, where's Tatsumaki...!" Psykos realized to not have been hit the target.

"Really pitiful. After all these years you only gained raw power, but nothing more. That's the same sloppy technique from before." Fubuki was unaffected by her opponent's strike.

"What?! My powers cannot reach her. Is that some sort of joke?" Psykos got surprised, unleashing another attack.

"You lack the experience you earn with hard training and hellish battles. And to be honest, you survive this far cause my sister was busy looking after us all. If she was serious from the start you would've been turned into canned meat." Fubuki was provoking her.