Ch. 77 - The 29th Sunrise Festival

"What a performance! You were so cool on stage." Itsuki complimented her sister.

"Thank you. But it was so embarrassing..." Nino was still wearing her costume.

"Bah, it was passable at best. That red chick dropped the show's quality." Y/N sentenced with a smirk.

"Listen you!" Nino was pulling his earlobe.

As they were bickering a message reached all of them.

[COME TO THE CLASSROOM AT 3PM ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE SCHOOL FESTIVAL]

Fuutarou had asked for everyone's presence.

"What's that about?" The three were worried.

"Sorry for being late! We were busy at the pancake stall until now." Miku entered the class sweating buckets due her rush.

"You're so slow!" Nino huffed.

"Don't worry, we arrived not long ago too." Yotsuba explained.

"Still, being called all together so suddenly... something is fishy." Itsuki was worried.

"Guess we're all here. Let's ask Fuutarou-kun about this directly." Ichika pointed out.

"No, someone is still missing." Fuutarou cryptically replied.

"Pant, pant... I'm here!" Y/N was the last to join.

"Is this the time to show up?!" Nino didn't forgive the latecomer.

"Hey! For the record, today's main event is about to begin. Guess who's a big part on it? I barely had time to change..." The boy explained.

"W-Why are you walking around half-naked!" Itsuki covered eyes in shame as Y/N was wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.

"As said... I was about to dress up, then I realized I was running late. I didn't have much of a choice." Y/N explained.

"I think you had plenty instead." Ichika sighed.

"Oh, whatever... Isn't there something to eat? I'd love some sweets in order to muster up energy for my play." Y/N was asking around.

"Here, I'd suggest you to try some..." Nino pointed to the snacks they'd prepared.

"I love all of you." Fuutarou suddenly claimed.

"W-What!!! X5" The girls were surprised by his frankness.

"Fuu-kun, you truly know how to make this maid's heart skip a beat..." Y/N turned red.

"Our relationship is something I'd cherish as long as possible, but even I know it's no good dragging this any further. You lot expect me to reply your feelings, one way or another." Fuutarou explained.

"So, I'm going to give my answer..." He took a deep breath.

"Whoa, it's happening! We're in the endgame now!" Y/N began eating chips, waiting for his friend's choice.

"It's okay, we're ready to listen you." Miku took a deep breath.

"Ah, wait! I'm not tactless enough to say it in the middle of the School Festival! I'll wait until the last day cause I too have to sort things out." The tutor clarify.

"Geez, you're so spineless... yet so considerate!" Ichika smiled.

"Being so direct all of a sudden, you truly scared us! Be more wary for once!" Nino was complaining.