Ch. 34 - The Rising of Red Eagle

"Here's the cake you ordered..." Fuutarou served the dessert with a huff, approaching a table of five well-known girls.

"Working even on Christmas Eve... How commendable. We didn't expect less from such a good boy." Ichika smiled, meeting again her tutor after weeks of absence.

"Finally! It really took forever." Nino protested in a harsh tone.

"What did you expect? It's busy as heck today." The waiter replied back, upset.

"Mind your manners. We're customers..." The girl explained him the correct approach.

"Excuse me, is it possible to have the cake delivered to our place?" Itsuki asked politely.

"Sorry but we don't deliver." Fuutarou informed them.

"For real? It's snowing outside... We may trip and fall." They built up some excuses.

"They've a point, Uesugi-kun. Why don't you go with them? I'm able to handle things on my own for today." The shop manager gave him permission to leave, along with a thumb up and Christmas greetings.

"B-But Manager... This is against our policies..." The boy tried to dodge this hindrance.

"Huff, I've enough! You're all too noisy!" Another customer got up from a nearby table, folding the newspaper he was reading.

"I'll help... Or maybe are you afraid that the cake is too heavy?" Y/N made fun of Fuutarou.

"Oi, your house isn't that way." Fuutarou pointed out during the walk, he and Y/N were preceded by the girls by some meters.

"Don't worry and keep going. This is a shortcut." Yotsuba swung arms from distance.

"You heard her... I bet we're nearby, let's pick up the pace." The hero commented.

"I feel you all are up on something... and that is your fault one way or another..." Fuutarou was realizing the situation.

"Well, you're not totally wrong..." His friend looked away, whistling in an innocent tone.

"You know... it wasn't right for me to quit without saying a word. But I won't come back to be your tutor." The boy admitted, catching the attention of the girls.

"Just you know, this is our new tutor." Itsuki lent him a resume.

"I see... a former teacher and graduated from Tokyo? Wow, he must be the best choice for you all." Fuutarou smiled while looking the photo.

"Are you okay with that? Leaving it to someone just popped out from nowhere and abandon us like nothing?" Nino asked, pissed off by the boy's light reaction.

"It was my fault that you weren't able to achieve sufficient results. I screwed twice in a row and with no guarantee about the next exam. Leaving it to a professional is the right choice!" Fuutarou replied her with the same tone.

"I'm not suited for a job like this, lacking empathy and insight too. I can't continue dragging you down due my selfishness." He revealed.

"That's not true, you didn't drag them down! We all help each other like a team... even the girls' support was undeniable to us till now. Together and with more work we can beat any challenge!" Y/N interjected.

"You're right... a tactless and stubborn boy who didn't know when to give up. But it's thanks to your selfishness that I was forced to study and learn tons of things. I hate to admit that, but whenever I was able to solve a problem I felt realized and happy." Nino replied to the former tutor.