Ch. 24 - A Touch of Evil

"In our game I'll be myself and you'll be my father! We'll pretend to be at his office." Kiku, the daughter of Ichika's director stated while pointing Fuutarou. The group was looking after her during their studies.

"Ha ha ha... What a happy family, "Father"!" Y/N joked with him, to let Ichika and Miku studying they were playing with the little girl.

"Give me a rest! You are supposed to help me here...!" The tutor retorted, sighing.

"Ah...Then I'll be your Mother!" Miku suddenly claimed, exploiting the situation to get closer to Fuutarou.

"There isn't a mother in our game. She left us years ago with the man she had an affair with." Kiku pointed out, making all at unease.

"What a shame... I'm really sorry for that man... And about my role? What awaits the great Red Eagle?" Y/N asked, not happy to stay in the background.

"You are that weirdo often in the news? You could be our parrot." She replied to the hero.

"All my studies... All my hard work... And I ended up as a parrot... Squawk!" He followed her instructions.

"And you two will be employees, in love with my Father!" Kiku ordered at the two sisters, embarrassing them.

"Hey, don't bother them. They are busy with..." Fuutarou protested, he wanted to leave them out of this useless game.

"Director, when are you going to take me out for dinner? Let's go tonight!" Miku was in character.

"Kiku-chan, don't you want a new mother?" Ichika used her trump card, she cannot afford to lose an acting challenge.

"Squawk. Director-san is a tomboy! Squawk." Y/N screamed, adding to the joke.

"No! I don't need another mother. It's her fault if my father suffered in the past. I'm fine with only the two of us!" Kiku claimed, pretending to act older than she was.

All the present felt sorry due her statement, only one of them dared to say something.

"It's enough! You are still a brat... Stop acting like an adult and enjoy your childhood! You'll have plenty of time to mess up with this sort of problems in the future." Fuutarou replied, the others were moved by his speech.

Miku especially felt a warm feeling towards him, gaining more confidence.

"Fuutarou. Go out with me." She said on a spur-of-the-moment.

"Miku, what are you saying? Let's get married!" Fuutarou stated in a serious tone, making all the present scream in surprise.

*BAM*

Hearing his unexpected line Y/N fell to the ground, losing consciousness.

"He fainted? Guess I'll look over him. Don't mind us..." Ichika said, still unbelieving.

"Well... It's decided! Kiku, aren't you happy? Now you have a mom... only in this game, of course!" The tutor claimed, still following his script.

"We are home! Who's this little girl?" The other sisters reached them, meeting Kiku and hearing about their game.

"And why he's sleeping on the floor?" Nino complained about the hero's behaviour.

"Urgh... What a dream! I was a parrot and had witnessed Fuutarou's proposal!" Y/N got up confused.

"What a failure..." Miku was depressed, her confession not been taken seriously.

"But I won't give up! Although I don't dislike the idea of being all of us together..." She said to Ichika, her sister shared the same thoughts.