Ch. 31 - Sense of Emptiness

"Here we are... Now you must go to bed and rest, it's an order!" Ichika reached Y/N's house while helping the hero to stand up, he was still weary due the dreadful experience of the tournament.

"Yes, thank you... But I can walk on my own. Phew..." He replied while sitting on the sofa with a sigh of relief, not eager to show his weakened self to the girl.

"Mind if I stay here for a bit? I want to assure that you're fine... You rejected my proposal of going together to the hospital." The girl asked, worried.

"That's not a problem... after a nap I'll be brand new." The hero yawned, his mood not the best.

He then noted two weird things, Nino hadn't scolded him yet due his appearance... and Fuutarou was sleeping on the floor, a blonde wig laying down next to him.

"Fuutarou-kun, what are you doing?" Ichika woke him up, shaking the boy with kindness.

Y/N wasn't surprised at all about the stuff, he figured out his friend had made a mess and so Nino left the place in anger due the exposing of their trick.

The hero quietly took the remote with a sigh, trying to watch the anime channel on TV.

Obviously all the programs were interrupted due the mess happened all over around, there was only the news channel available.

The lead story reported everywhere was about a group of robots assaulting the nearby airport. No one from the Hero Association still had done something to stop that threat.

"Sorry... I'm not in the mood for another fight. Plus I'm totally exhausted. Someone else will take care of it..." Y/N dismissed the problem, turning his head from the images transmitted and eager to sleep a little.

"Urgh... Nino... In the end she was the one who tricked me..." Fuutarou awoke, his head spinning.

"What were you doing until now? Where's Nino?" Ichika asked, without a clue about what happened.

"I don't know... She put something in my drink and I lost consciousness. The last thing I remember was her calling a taxi, planning to reach the airport..." The boy revealed, recalling a talk he overheard right before falling asleep.

"What?! She went to the airport? But it's a very dangerous place right now!" Ichika gasped, looking at the TV still on.

"Please Y/N, go find my sister! She may be in danger and..." Ichika turned towards the sleeping hero, to her surprise the sofa was empty and the front door wide open. Y/N already rushed away without a word.

"Current status of the team... No loss. Fifteen Special G3 Units still operating... Mission: Test the new equipment on behalf The Organization. Proceeding to use railgun..." A colossal robot was stating its directives while looking around with bionic eyes. The prey it was after escaped the tracking software.

"Scanning area.... Scan complete. Fifteen mechanical creature and one human spotted within 300 metres. Proceeding the chase." The G3 team-leader slowly moved inside the airport's waiting room, smashing seats and concrete columns while swinging its arms. Eventually it thrown one-handedly the check-in desk into air.

"Target acquire... Loading railgun... Five seconds till shooting." It pointed the right arm, now transformed into a fire-gun, to the scared and trembling girl hid behind the desk, exposed to her pursuer.

"Why it has to end this way?! This isn't right! I'm sick of monsters... and heroes too! Quit bothering me!" Nino yelled in exasperation, on the verge of tears due not bearing the situation.

"Three seconds until shoot... Two seconds... Proceeding to fire." The robot was emotionless, ready to kill an innocent without remorse.

"Critical error... Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)." It buzzed, looking at the malfunctioning weapon.