Ch. 68 - Their Daily Lives Come to an End

"Huff, why ruffians keep making troubles when I'm about to clock out?" Y/N reached his home after a tough day.

"Enough! I'll sleep all the way through the weekend. See you all on Monday!" He rushed on his couch, unzipping pants.

"Yawn, and then..." The hero was about to doze off.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Y/N!!!" All of a sudden lights turned on as a swarm of people surrounded him.

"Yikes!" The hero reacted with a jumpscare, heart beating fast in fear.

"Told you... He doesn't like surprise parties." Fuutarou huffed.

"Y/N, please, come down the ceiling. We made you a cake." Itsuki was trying to convince him.

"All cause Yotsuba shouted too loud. He was caught off guard." Miku pointed out.

"M-Me caught off guard? You're wrong. I was expecting this, cause today... is today my birthday? For real?" Y/N realized while leaving high ground.

"How could you forget your own anniversary?" Yotsuba was speechless.

"Ha ha ha... right! Recently I was so busy it completely slipped my mind." The hero suddenly recalled.

"It doesn't matter. That makes our surprise even more effective." Miku was chuckling.

"Guess what the present is about. It's something you desire a lot." Ichika smiled.

"A-Are you girls going to..." Y/N was silenced by Itsuki.

"Nothing lewd of course!" The girl pointed out.

"Well, chapter 69 is right around the corner. Sorry if I have huge expectations." The boy sighed.

"Hope it will live up them. This was on sale at the local store so I was able to buy it instead of an useless piece of cloth you'll never wear." Fuutarou gave his friend a video-game.

"Whoa! It was on my wishlist for who knows how long! Thank you!" Y/N was pleased by the present.

"Funny thing, it was recommended to me by another customer. A tall and scarred man, moving around the shop as if he was hiding his identity. He looked familiar indeed..." The tutor recalled.

"I'm glad you even met a new friend. He must have been one hell of a fan!" The hero was pointing out.

"My turn... Green is on the rise this year." Yotsuba gifted Y/N with a hoodie.

"It fits perfectly! How cute." He wore the cloth on the spot.

"Heh, at the mall I met a couple of women, sisters I suppose. They seemed having fun helping me with the choice, especially the shorter, green-haired one." The fourth sister recalled.

"Good thing she was on a good mood." Y/N sighed in relief.

"Mine is here." Nino was taking out her present.

"Hope it's not scent candles or crap of sort..." Y/N mumbled.

"I was thinking you always lay on the sofa for hours, facing your games. So, I bought you a pillow to help being more comfortable!" Nino huffed, launching the package to him.

"Whoa, sorry! This time it was my fault for being mean." The boy apologized.

"Mine is a scale model kit of a famous warship. You can enjoy yourself building a faithful replica of the Vasa vessel." Miku explained.

"Storslagen! We can work on this together... If it doesn't sink too we can accomplish our personal Dominium Maris Baltici just like a newlyweds couple. En Livstid I Krig!" Y/N was daydreaming.