Ch. 61 - A Man Called Disaster

"Huff, huff. I'm finally out." Homeless Emperor eventually got free from being trapped under the APC that hit him.

"By GOD's word I'm going to blast off the entire place. Don't care about friendly fire." He summoned a storm of energy balls, about to carpet bomb everything.

"Not so fast... I've yet to thank you for your present from before." A hand caught him from behind, firmly squeezing on his neck.

"Ghah! You're still around?!" The cadre was pinned to the floor by a familiar voice.

"Thanks your surprise attack I was so close to Heaven, but then I realized I was missing wings." Zombieman emerged from the debris.

"Grr, you made the wrong choice on ambushing me. You just threw away your sole chance of a painless and instant vaporization." Energy spheres were floating over them, ready for their master's order.

"Oh, you want me dead so badly? Well, go for it! Wonder what would happen to your body from a point-blank explosion..." The hero smiled.

"N-No good! He realized that beside my light powers I'm on pair with a common human. Of course I cannot survive such blast!" Homeless Emperor got checkmated.

"Figures... so I was right. You have no total control over your powers." Zombieman felt relieved.

"Even so, I'm not scared. GOD is going to prevent me from getting injured while on a crusade for Him..." Homeless Emperor wasn't fully convinced by his own faith.

"So, this so-called God is the source of your power? Interesting." The detective hero was gathering information about such shady creature.

"Watch your mouth! GOD is the sole and only ruler of this planet. And I'm the Avatar, personification of His will! He said so in my dreams!" Homeless Emperor was ranting.

"In short... you submitted to an unknown, self-proclaimed god? Pathetic! Only an idiot could fall for nothing more than a bunch of empty talks, such cheap brainwashing is not much deity-style. What you met was clearly a monster, and a dangerous one indeed." Zombieman was mocking Homeless Emperor, albeit worried for whatever true was behind his words.

"Unbeliever! GOD will punish you all! Punish everyone through me! As soon as I break the seal and let him..." The man was about to spill the beans.

"SILENCE!" A voice echoed in his mind.

"G-GOD?!" Homeless Emperor began to scream, invested by otherworldly visions.

"What are you talking about?" Zombieman had no clue on what was happening.

"YOU ARE NOT OF USE ANYMORE..." The voice affirmed.

"P-Please, give me another chance. I've yet to prove myself." Homeless Emperor was begging.

"YOUR POWERS, YOUR LIFE... I'M TAKING BACK BOTH OF THEM!" As it ended Homeless Emperor was set ablaze.

"Please! I am the Avatar! I am...!!!" The cadre was screaming, enveloped by flames.

"What on hell is going on?" Zombieman could only witness Homeless Emperor turning to dust, only bones and rags left amidst tinder.

"Seems like there is really someone, or something, pulling the strings behind everyone else. The Monster Association was not our only enemy..." The hero could only assume things.

"It should be Master Bang finishing you off... but there is no time for being polite." Y/N was fighting the Hero Hunter.

"Grrr..." The two were trading blows at higher and higher speed.

"Please, don't hurt yourselves!" Yotsuba wanted them to eventually get along.