Chapter two

Matteo's p.o.v

I stood at my locker as I tried to figure out how to read the map of the school.

'How the hell do I read this thing?' I thought as I Twisted the map left to right in my hands. Third day at this school and I still can't find my English class.

I was so concentrated on the map until I heard a familiar laughter. My eye immediately averted from the paper and to the area where I heard the laughter.

There she stood laughing a group of people. She is so beautiful.

I retreated my eyes back to the map before anyone could catch me staring, but I couldn't help myself. I turned my head back to her direction.

She was laughing with a group of girls, leaning against a set of lockers with a skateboard in her hand. She was the most beautiful, yes the other girls were pretty but none of them stood out to me like she did with her long , luscious, curly hair and glowing dark skin, her bright, wide smile and long lashes that shield her chocolate brown eyes, the way they crinkled when she laughs. Her style simple and layed back, she was astonishing .

'Uhg I'm such a creep.' I thought to myself as I stood there staring at her.
I don't even know her name, I am absolutely pathetic.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice Charlie walking up behind me.

'Boo!' He yelled as he shook my shoulders.

"What the hell man!" I shouted at him "You almost gave me a heart attack!" I shoved him in the chest as his boyish laughter rang through the hallway.

Charlie Jones, my best friend, my only friend really. I met him for the first time when I first moved here over the summer, he lived across the street from me. Him and his parents came to introduce themselves to my family and ever since then we've been hanging out everyday.

Charlie was a few inches taller than me, light skinned, a head of black curly hair and he was somewhat muscular. Overall he was a very good looking guy.

"Woah dude no need to get so pressed about." He said still laughing.

I rolled my eyes and shoved the map to his chest and said "Do you mind being helpful and help me find my English class."

"Sir yes sir." He said mocking a soldier with a toothy grin on his face.

The first two periods were finally over, now I was headed over to my Chemistry class

The first two periods were finally over, now I was headed over to my Chemistry class. Holding the map in my hands, my eyes glued to the paper as I walked down the hallway slowly.

At this point I was fed up so I decided to ditch the map and turned into a random hallway.  As I was about to turn into the hallway something bumped into me.

There was a loud thud. I groaned as I held my shoulder.

"Shoot sorry. " said a feminine voice from beneath me. I looked down to see a girl, the girl that I have been staring at not too long ago.

"I-its alright." I stuttered.

'She's more beautiful up close.' I swooned to myself.

"Do you mind helping me up?" She asked stretching out her hand.

"Oh right." I said as I scrambled to help her up, I outstretched my hand for her to take.

She put her hand in mine and I pulled her up. When I pulled her up our faces were inches apart, her hands were still in mine. They were so soft and small compared to mine.

We stood there for a few seconds just looking at each other, her mouth agape and her eyes narrowed as she studied my face.

The girl moved back, taking her hand out of mine "I've never seen you around here before, are you new here?" She asked curiously with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Um yes, Matteo. Matteo Ortega." I said awkwardly, outstretching my hand for her to shake.

The girl chuckled at my actions, and once again she took my outstretched hand "Tamera. Tamera Matthews." She said copying me. I smiled at that, she mirrored my smile.

Before I could say anything else the bell rang.

"Um I should go before I’m late to class." Tamera said pointing towards the direction she was headed in "I'll see you around Matteo." Were her last words she said to me before her figure disappeared in the sea of students.

Tamera. I pretty name for a pretty girl.

I smiled to myself as I repeated her name over and over again in my mind when I realized that I still don’t know where I’m going.

"Oh shoot!" I said aloud. Now I’m going to be late for class.