Chapter Nineteen

Tamera’s p.o.v

“Don’t you fucking touch her .” Matteo seethe in a low menacing voice with his eyes filled with rage as he looked at Ross on the ground.

Everyone stopped what they were doing, the music lowered as everyone’s eyes were on the commotion that unfolded in front of them. They were mumbling and a few people took out their phones and started recording.

“What the hell man!” Ross shouted and got up stumbling in the process, “What do you think you’re doing?!”  

They now stood face to face and now looking each other in the eyes. Ross’s eyes were glassed over with drunken anger and slightly hooded, he could barely stand on his two feet and he hiccuped with every move he made . 

 “I should be asking you that question.” Matteo said scarily calm. Matteo stood tall and didn’t brake eye contact once.

“Man get out of my face!” Ross shouted drunkenly and pushed Matteo but he didn’t even move an inch. Ross seemed to be more angered at that and raised his fist to punch Matteo.

Before Ross’s fist could connect with Matteo’s jaw, he caught it midair blocking his punch.  Then Matteo, with all his strength and force, swung at Ross making contact with his jaw. Before Ross could fall , Matteo caught him by his shirt collar and swung at him again, this time his fist collided with his nose.

Gasps filled the room as they looked at their beloved star athlete rolling on the floor with is hands clutching his bloody nose.  

“My nose! Shit I think it’s broken!” Ross's screams filled the room.

“You’re lucky I only broke your nose.” Matteo said calmly before walking over to me, everyone’s eyes following him with every step he made. He grabbed my hand and lead me further into the party taking me to the kitchen and out the backdoor  onto the patio.  When we got outside he closed the door blocking us out from the party.

I kept my head down looking at the hardwood floor beneath me as I tried to hold back my tears.

“Tamera look at me.” Matteo said his voice filled with pity.

Gosh I hated it when people would pity me.  It made me feel weak and fragile, it always reminded me of when my dad died and overall it brought back bad memories.  I hated it when my dad died and I still hated it.  I knew Matteo meant the best but I hated that he felt that he needed to pity me.  

“Please look at me.” Matteo pleaded when he saw I was not going to look at him. I then heard his foot steps making its way towards me, he stopped before me and he grabbed my chin lifting it so I was now looking at him.

His eyes softened and a frown set itself on his perfect lips when he saw my tear stained cheeks. Then he placed both of his hands on my cheeks caressing my face as he wiped away the freshly fallen tears. “Are you ok?” he asked, his voice barely over a whisper.

I scoffed and pulled away from him crossing my arms over my chest, “Not really, no.” I said rolling my eyes.

Matteo had a confused look on his face, “Are you mad at me?” he asked incredulously.

“I’m not mad at you, I just don’t like that you’re pitying me right now.” I said not looking at him. I felt stupid for saying that to him but I couldn’t help myself, “I don’t need your pity Matteo.”

Now it was Matteo’s turn to scoff, “Well excuse my concern for coming off as pity.” He said in a sarcastic tone.

“ I don’t need your sarcasm either.” I said once again rolling my eyes which ,I was pretty sure, were glassed over with tears.

Matteo sighed , “ Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for it to come off like that. I’m not pitying you, ok? ”

“Ok good.” I said shortly.

“But let me be here for you. Let me comfort you.” He said barely above a whisper, his tone pleading.

Before I knew it, I leaned into his chest as I wrapped my arms around his torso and he gently wrapped his arms around my neck as I sobbed onto his shirt.

We stood like that for a moment before I pulled away and wiped my eyes and cheeks, “I’m sorry. You must think I’m pathetic for crying over something-" before I could finish my sentence Matteo cut me off.

“Don’t you dare undermine what just happened to you, ok?” Matteo said sternly, “He had no right touching you like that, and if I didn’t show up he would’ve probably gone further with it.”

He was right. If Matteo didn’t show up when he did, Ross would’ve done much worse. He didn’t get to touch me all the way there but gosh, he was pretty darn close. And the thought of that scared the living hell out of me.

“Let me take you home.” Matteo said pulling me away from my thoughts.

I nodded, “Ok but let me use the bathroom first.” I said.

He nodded and grabbed my hand leading me back inside. Everything seemed normal when we got inside, everyone was drinking and dancing, it seemed like what happened earlier didn’t. I pulled Matteo to the living room so I could get to the stairs.

As I was making my way up the stairs I noticed that Matteo was following me. “ What do you think you’re doing?” I asked with an amused tone.

“Following you to the bathroom?” he asked with the most adorable confused look on his face.

I chuckled, “ That wouldn’t be necessary.” Matteo looked at me incredulously, “I’m not gonna be gone for long.”

“Yeah, but what if he comes back?” he asked, “ Then what are you gonna do, huh?”

I playfully rolled my eyes, “He’s not and if he does I’ll just use this.” I said taking out the pepper spray and showing it to him. I couldn’t use it the first time because I was unexpectedly pinned to a wall.

Matteo looked at me for a second, his eyes and whole demeanor showed that he was hesitant, “Ok, but if you’re not back in ten minutes I’ll come look for you.” He said seriously.

I nodded as he hesitantly let go of my hand. I could still see the doubt in his eyes, “I’ll be fine, I promise.” I said before pecking his cheek and walked up the rest of the stairs.

I quickly found a bathroom and did my business and washed my hands. As I was washing my hands I got a text from Matteo saying that he was in the kitchen.

I sent him a quick ok and left the bathroom. I quickly made my way down the stairs and maneuvered my way through the crowd making my way to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen I saw something that made my heart clench. It was Jemma with her hands thrown around Matteo’s neck giggling at something he said.  Then her hands traveled down from his neck to his chest and he wasn’t stopping her.

Oh my gosh. Of course he would like her she was everything a guy could ask for, everything I was not. For the millionth time tonight I blinked back tears and I walked away. I didn’t know where I was going but I kept walking.

Tonight was a rollercoaster, and it has barely begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello fellow humans.

I hope you like this chapter. Please vote and leave a comment. 

Enjoy!