Chapter seven

Tamera's p.o.v

Ross was getting on my nerves.

First, he ordered for me. A freaking salad and water!! If that doesn't shout red flag I don't know what else does.

Second, he's being rude to the waiter. It's a busy night at Dennys tonight, he has to understand why it took so long for the waiter to come to our table. Then he purposely knocked his glass over.

If he's trying to impress me by being obnoxious and rude, its not working.

"OK here's a refill of your drink sir." Matteo said as he placed the fresh glass of soda on the table "Your food will be ready in fifteen minutes."

I nodded.

Matteo is the guy I bumped into in the hallway a couple weeks back and coincidentally he's my waiter tonight.

He was a tall, lean boy with brown eyes and a sharp jawline and a head of brown curly hair. Over all he was very good looking.

"Why is the drink so warm?" Ross said scrunching up his face. "Go put some ice cubes or something in it." He ordered Matteo.

I could see that Matteo was getting annoyed. But he smiled and did what he was told.

Meanwhile Ross tried to make small talk with me but I just nodded and gave a tight lipped smile to everything he had to say.

I know it rude but all he was talking about was lacrosse, and I knew nothing about lacrosse.

Fifteen minutes later our food arrived and we ate in silence. It was killing me.

"So um what's your favorite movie?" I awkwardly broke the silence.

"I don't have time to watch movies because I'm always practicing for lacrosse did you know ......" he said.

At that point I stopped listening. I'm stuck here for another hour and have to listen to this. Why Wendy? Why?
I hope Wendy's date is going better than mine.

As time go by more and more people started to leave the diner. I wish I could be one of those people instead I'm here listening to tips to use when playing lacrosse.

I wanted to bang my head against table. I would've done it if it wasn't for the deep voice of Matteo, interrupting Ross words.

"Hi." Matteo said trying to sounding as cheery as possible. "Is everything ok here? Would you like something else from the menu?" he asked
"No. Now go away." Ross said rolling his eyes.

Just as he was about to walk of I called after him.

"Actually, I would like a mini cheese cake." I said with a smile on my face.
He mirrored my expression, nodded and walked off.

Then Ross began to speak again. I drowned him out by looking at the family in the booth across the room from us. They were laughing and talking, they looked happy.

Gosh, I miss my dad. He died when I was fourteen from prostate cancer.
I was snap out of my thoughts by a loud thud that seem to vibrate the room. I looked down to see Matteo laying face flat on the ground on top of the cake.

Ross snicker "Are you blind? didn't you see my foot there? You should really watch where you're going." He said as Matteo got up from the floor.
Matteo apologize and walked away, the vein on his forehead popping out.
I was no longer annoyed I was furious.

"What the hell dude!" I yelled at him.
"What?" he asked cluelessly.
"Why would you do that?" I asked referring to what just happened.
"Relax it was just a harmless joke." He said chuckling.

"Harmless? You've got to be k-" I cut myself off and took a deep breath and pinched my nose between my fingers.

I've had enough " You know what, this is over." I said starting to get up from my seat.

"What?" he asked his eyes wide.
I got up and started to walk off. He grasped my hand and stood up too. He was a couple heads taller than me.

"Its over Ross, the date is over. I think you should go home." I said pulling my hand away from him and tried to walk away but he stood in front of me.

"What do you mean over?" he asked
I scuffed and looked him right in the eyes "Did I stutter Ross? Do you need me to spell it out for you?"

"Come on Tamera, I thought you were having fun." He said smiling.

"Fun?" I asked chuckling like if it was the funniest thing in the world

" You're delusional, all night you've been an asshole, and I don't know about you but I don't enjoy the company of assholes like yourself."

I said finally pushing past him and walking toward the door.

"You can't just leave now besides you owe me this." He said from behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned back to face him. He stood there with a smug look on his face.
I walked right up to him and took a glass of water form our table and threw it in his face. I could've used the unfinished milkshake but he isn't worth the waste of that heaven sent goodness.

"The sun does not rise and set on your ass Ross, I owe you nothing." I said my voice darkened and I swore I saw him flinch.

I put down the glass and for the last time I walked away and while I walked away I said "You're paying for all that by the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy. Don't forget to vote