chapter twenty two

Matteo’s pov

It has been an hour since Tamera has spoken to me. I have no clue what was going on with her but I felt responsible for the way she was acting. 

Every time I’d try to talk to her she’d just walk past me as if I was air; as If she didn’t see me standing there with a desperate look on my face .

But the truth be told I was. I was so desperate that I’d gone down on my knees and begged her of she wanted me too – and in front of everyone here, I didn’t care. I just wanted her to talk to me, to tell me what was on her mind.

Currently, I was sat at the kitchen counter on a bar stool trying to see if I could get Charlie to check on my sisters. I was supposed to be home right now to watch them because my mom is out of town, but I couldn’t leave Tamera at this party all by herself.

After what happened with Ross earlier, I refused to leave her. And to add insult to injury, she was drunk. Like really drunk and she’d not stop drinking.

I watched her as she refilled her cup with plain vodka over a dozen of times. Of course I tried to stop her but she gave me the cold shoulder every time.

“Man what time is it. Why are you calling me. Did something happen?” Charlie grumbled in a sleepy voice once he finally picked up his phone.

“Shoot did I wake you? I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have called you -" before I could finish my sentence Charlie cut me off.

“Bro, you already did so what’s up? Do you need me to come get from that dumb party?”  Charlie snorted in a I told you so kind of voice.

Charlie didn’t want to come to the party because he thought it was stupid and he knew I was only coming for Tamera. And Charlie also seems to not like Tamera, at all. In fact I think he despises her.

“ No, I don’t. I just need you to see if my sisters are doing fine, please.” I said into the speaker of my phone.

“Yeah no problem. But why are you still at the party? Shouldn’t you be home by now?”  he asked.

I sighed , “ Um yeah, but something happened here and Tamera is like super wasted so I don’t wanna leave her here by herself.”

Even though I couldn’t see Charlie I knew he was rolling his eyes and then he scoffed, “ Why do you care what happens to her? Doesn’t she have her stupid asshole of a boyfriend to protect her and beat up people that’s trying to mind their own business? Or –“ , this time it was me who cut him off.

“Charlie, just shut up.” I said sternly. The line went silent and I felt guilty for talking to him like that. He was only trying to look out for me. I sighed, “ I’m sorry. Can you just… go see if my sisters are okay?” I said pinching the bridge of my nose between my two fingers.

“Fine, but don’t come running to me when you get your ass busted again because of her.” He huffed before the line went dead.

Charlie found it hard to trust people especially when they seem to be the reason why you’re always in trouble. He was the brother I never had and he was very protective,  too protective.  But either way I loved him, and wouldn’t want him to change for the world.

I sighed and ran my hands down my face and decided to go look for Tamera . I entered the living room and scanned the room for her. I saw her dancing with the same group of girls from  earlier, she had a drunken smile on her face as her body swayed along to the music and her curls bouncing all over the place.

She really was a sight to behold, the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen.

She then said something to the girls she was dancing with and then started to make her way towards me. But when she got to where I was standing she avoiding eye contact with me and made a bee- line for the kitchen.

And like the love-sick puppy I was, I followed her, “Tamera can we just talk?”

She ignored me.

“What did I do?” I asked desperately.

Again she ignored me and continued to full up her glass.

“Mera please?” I pleaded.

But she just ignored me and tried to walk away.  I grabbed her hand as gently as I could and stopped her, she tried to pull her arm away from me but my grip was firm.

“I’m sorry ok. I don’t know what u did to make you act like this but I’m sorry . I didn’t mean it and I’d do anything to make it up to you. Just please talk to me.” I said in a strangled voice .

She looked up at me, “Anything?” she asked, her eyebrows raised and a little smirk planted itself upon her lips.

I nodded eagerly, “ Anything.” I said reassuring her. In that moment I didn’t care what she asked me to do, I was thrilled that she said something to me.

“Then dance with me.” She demanded leaving her cup on the counter and pulling me towards the dance floor. I had no problem dance, I would honestly like to think that I’m a great dancer but all of a sudden I was nervous.

With ‘kiss it better’ by Rihanna blasting through the speakers and Tamera pulling me onto the dance floor while walking backwards and wearing a seductive smile on her face; I had ever right to be nervous. My heart was pounding, and if it weren’t for the loud music I’d be pretty sure Tamera could hear it, and my feet felt like jelly making it really hard for me to stand.

We stopped in the middle of the floor and that’s when she took my hands and placed them on her hips. Then she placed her hands on around my neck and I swear I felt a shiver ran down my spine. Then she started move her body slowly to the music all while not breaking eye contact.

The lustful look in her eyes and the way they seemed to sparkle at the enjoyment of seeing me suffer, the small smirk that placed itself on her perfect lips – the same lips I’ve dreamt of kissing since the first time I saw her – all made my heart beat ten times faster.

I leaned down to her ear, “Are you trying to seduce me Tamera Matthews?” I asked in a low teasing voice. I then slowly pulled away and looked at her she had a flirty look on her face.

She leaned up to my ear, “Maybe.” She purred. Then she pulled away slowly running her hands down my chest. She then turned around so her back was up against my chest, then she started grinding on me.

It was so freaking hot.

I started moving my body up against hers along to the music. I left my hands on her hips where she placed and we danced like that till the song ended.

Another song came on and she turned around and faced me. She placed her hands around my neck and started dancing again.

“So am I forgiven now?” I asked smiling at her.

“Maybe.” She smirked “ You can do something else to make it up to me.” She said moving her face closer to mine.

“And what is that?” I said my voice barely above a whisper. At this point we were inches apart and if we moved any closer our lips would touch.  Not that I was complaining but she was drunk out of her mind.

Her eyes flickered between my lips and eyes and I felt her gaze linger on my lips. She didn’t say anything before leaning in and placing her lips on mine.

At any other moment I would have held her and pull her closer to me while kissing her like my life depended on it but not right now. I awkwardly pulled away from her.

She had this hurt look in her eyes, “ Shoot I’m sorry. I- I’m just gonna go.” She said removing her hands from around my neck. Tamera then turned away and briskly walked to the door.

Shit, I didn’t mean to make her feel embarrassed. I felt guilty and I followed behind her.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

By the time I got outside, I saw Tamera standing on the sidewalk tapping away on her phone.

I made my way up to her, “Hey.” I said meekly.

“Look if you came here to tell me that you’re sorry for giving me the wrong impression and that its ok and that we can still be friends… I suggested you save it. I’ve already embarrassed myself as much as it is.” She said in one breath not once meeting my eye.

“I didn’t come out here to tell you that.” I said,  amused by her flustered state. “I just wanted you to know that-"

Before I could finish my sentence Tamera cut me off, “ That you like someone else and I made myself a clown trying to kiss you. I know ok. Just- I’m sorry I shouldn’t have and I promise to you I won’t say a thing to Jemma.” She ranted.

“What no. And who is Jemma?” I questioned .

“The girl you where flirted with earlier.” She said and when I still had a confused look on my face, she scoffed, “ Gosh Matteo. The girl who had her hands all over you. Don’t try to deny anything because I saw you two in the kitchen looking extra cozy.”

My face lit up with recognition. I didn’t know that was her name and I also didn’t know Tamera saw that.

Is that why she has been acting like that all night? I couldn’t have been that, right?

“”
“Oh.” Said shortly before laughing.

Tamera looked at me incredulously, “ Why are you laughing?” she asked looking kinda flustered.

“Tamera,” I paused taking a step closer to her, “I didn’t even know that girl’s name and I definitely don’t like her.” I smiled

“Really?” she asked.

I nodded, “ If you’re wondering why I didn’t kiss you-“ I said taking a few more steps towards until I was right in front of her, “ its because you’re drunk and I didn’t want to talk advantage of that.”

“You’re not. I want you to kiss me.” She said looking up at me.

I shook my head and I caressed her cheek gently, “ I want to kiss you too. But You’re drunk and if I kiss you now you’re probably not going to remember it in the morning. And I want you to remember so I’m not gonna kiss you.” I said softly.

She signed and nodded.

I smiled, “ Let me take you home.”

I turned to go get my car but she stopped me, “I can’t go home like this. My mom would kill me.”

I sighed and decided to take her to my house because my mom wasn’t home and my sisters were probably asleep.

When we go to my house she was already passed out. So I carried her to my room and I gently placed her on the bed putting her on her side in case she had to throw up. Then I left the room and changed into some sweats and a t-shirt and went and slept on the couch.

As I lay awake for awhile I couldn’t stop thinking about the girl that was currently in my bed. And it stayed that way until I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello fellow humans.

Ok so I think this is the last chapter for the party. 

Enjoy.

Pls vote and maybe leave a comment.