Chapter four

Tamera’s p.o.v

Today is the day I dread.

Today is the day where I'd  finally tell Ross that I’d go out with him. I've been avoiding the subject for a while.

Its been three days since I came to the agreement with Wendy, and I already regret it.

"Why did I agree to this?"  I thought to myself as I lay awake in bed.

I couldn't sleep all night last night, I kept tossing and turning so I just gave up on trying to sleep and just layed awake staring at the ceiling.

The sound of my alarm blared through my room, jogging me out of my thoughts.  I sighed,  turned it off and dragged myself out of bed. I picked up my towel and other essentials, preparing myself for a shower.

Still deep in thought, I walked to the bathroom lazily. All that was going through my head was: why!why!why!

Why did I agree to it?

Why did I have to be such a good friend?

Why couldn’t I have just said no?!

"Ahh!"  A high pitched scream came from besides me.

I turned around to see my little brother,  Travis holding his hand to his chest dramatically.

"Oh its just you." He exclaimed, blowing a sigh of relief "For a second I thought you were a zombie or something. " he said.

Travis Matthews,  my annoying little brother. Travis is four years younger than me.  Yeah puberty didn’t do much for him, he was still scrawny and his voice was still squeaky and he was short.
I am 5'5 and Travis is four inches shorter than me. And did I mention that he was annoying?

Don't get me wrong I love my brother and I'd even take a bullet for him but he aggravates me literally all the time.

"Shut up pip squeak." I said. Its very cheesy and cliche, I know, but it get on his nerves.

“Okay first of all its going to happen someday.” He said referring to his voice. “And second its not my fault your eye bags are so big I could carry my books in it. To sum it all up you look horrible.” He finished with a smirk on his face.

I didn’t have the strength to answer so I just rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom.

As soon as I entered the bathroom, I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. Travis was right I did  look horrible, my eyes were red and I did have big eye bags.

I sighed and put tooth paste on my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth, still looking at myself in the mirror.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Finally I was ready for school and looked somewhat decent. I was wearing a band oversized t-shirt and a pair of jeans with a pair of white sneakers, my hair was pulled back into a slick back bun, my makeup light and a few rings on my fingers. It was basic and comfortable.

I checked myself one last time before I picked up my backpack and walked out my room.

As I made my way downstairs I could smell the delightful scent of freshly cooked pancakes. At that I immediately ran to the kitchen, I stopped at the kitchen door and saw my mom behind the counter pouring more orange juice for my brother and my brother sitting on a stool devouring a plate stacked with pancakes.

“Hi, morning honey.” My mom said in a soft tone.

“Morning” I said walking into the kitchen taking a seat next to my brother.

My mother, Celeste Matthews is the most kind hearted, loving person I’ve ever met. I mean she’s a nurse for crying out loud. She is a short, curvaceous woman with a head of curly black hair and glowing dark skin. I got most of my looks from her.
“How'd you sleep.” She asked with a tired smile on her face.

“Not very well.” I answered with a yawn.

“Could’ve guessed that.” Travis said with his mouth full.

I wacked him across the back of his head as my mom poured some coffee into a cup and slide it towards me.
I thanked her and ate my pancakes, making small talk and catching up but I didn’t tell her about the Ross situation.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A couple minutes later and I was in school , once again trying to stuff my skateboard inside my locker.
Seriously they have to make these things bigger.

“Hey!” came a cheery voice from behind me.

I whipped my head around still trying to push the skateboard in the tiny ass locker.

“Hey Wendy!” I said matching her tone.

“So are you excited?” she asked .
I knew exactly what she was asking. Its stupid that she thinks I’ll ever be excited to ask much less go on a date with Ross.

Don’t get me wrong Ross isn’t an ugly guy, he is the definition of pretty boy with his ocean blue eyes, chestnut brown hair, sharp jaw line and a light brushing of freckles across his nose. He was very nice to look at but his personality isn’t as pretty as his face.

“Excited isn’t the word I’d use.” I said finally getting the skateboard into the locker.

“Come on, he’s not all that bad, plus this is the perfect time to ask him.” She said still smiling and it was seriously getting on my nerves.

“Why, would this be the perfect time to ask him?” I asked quizzically.

She chuckled “ Because he’s right over there.” She said pointing behind me.
I turned around and saw Ross standing with his clique, laughing at something.

I turned and looked back at her and shook my head “Nope, I’m definitely not ready for this.” I stated.

She chuckled, and before I knew it she pushed into the direction he was standing  and bumped right into his back.

He grunted, turned around and looked at me. Immediately he broke out into a huge grin. “Hey Tamera, you look absolutely gorgeous today.” He said looking me up and down.

 I looked back at Wendy as she as she mouthed the words “ be nice” to me. I turned and looked back at Ross and gave him the sweetest smile I could muster.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked and looked over to all his friends looking at us with teasing smiles on their faces. “Alone?”

"Sure." When I saw that no one was making the effort to leave I clared my throat,  and immediately everyone scrambled away from us. It was now the two of us standing their in an awkward silence.

“So um Wendy told me you wanted to go on a date later this week. Is that true?”

“Well yeah, I’ve been trying to get your attention all summer. Now that I finally have it ,  does this mean I have a date?” he asked

“Y-yes.” I hesitated for a second but I remember I’m being a good friend.

“Wait really?” he asked incredulously.

“Yes.” I said more confidently this time “Pick me up at seven, Saturday night.” I finished and walked away.
He stood there dumbfounded.

“Yes definitely!” he shouted after me.
I can’t believe I’m going on a date with Ross Lewis. I already hate every minute of it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy the read and don't forget to vote and comment.