Chapter Eight

Matteo’s p.o.v

I don’t know who that guy was but he’s a  jerk and I know now what I’ll do to him the next time I see him outside work.

Now I have to pay for all the damages he caused. First the glass of soda and now the cake.

This stain will not come out easily.
I stood in front of the sink trying to rub the frosting off from my shirt. When I finally got the frosting off I washed my hands and went back to the kitchen.

“This guy must really hate you, because who goes through all this trouble to make a waiter’s life miserable.” Charlie said as he walked over to me holding a dust pan filled with  broken glass.

“Shut up man I don’t need your stupid jokes right now.” I said truly annoyed.

Charlie held his empty hand up in surrender “Jezz, I was just trying to lighten the mood.” He mumbled.
“But on a serious note you have to take up bar duty.” He said pointing to me and then door.

“What? So I could get harassed by another entitled jerk?” I asked rolling my eyes.

“That would me pretty cool to be honest.” He said chuckling.
I kissed my teeth and shoved him out of the way and made my way to the bar.

I stood behind the bar wiping off glasses  The bar is basically a counter with stools where you can sit and eat and watch as a waiter makes your drink.

As I wiped the glasses I thought back to Tamera.

Why is someone like her going out with someone like him. She is sweet and kind and he is a mean, self observed prick.

 “Titulado cara de mierda. ”  I said aloud without realizing it.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that.” Said a familiar voice. I looked up to see her stand in front of me.

“Do you mind repeating that?” Tamera asked with a somewhat nervous smile on  her  face.

“Hi!” I said accidentally knocking over a bottle of ketchup.

I bent over and picked it up. As I resurfaced I bumped my head on the edge of the counter.

I groaned and held the head “Hi!” I repeated with an awkward expression on my face, I probably looked constipated.

Tamera chuckled “Hey.” She said “are you ok? Seems like a pretty hard hit.” She finished, referring to my head.

“Ah yeah, I’m fine.” I said removing my hand from my head. “What are you still doing here? I thought you left.”

“I was going to leave but I didn’t want to without apologizing.” She said.
“Apologize? What for?” I asked truly confused.

“For Ross’s behavior. It was so unfair to you so I’m sorry.”  She said sounding genuine.

I scoffed “ You do not have to apologize for his behavior, he’s a big boy,  he can do it himself.” I said while continuing to wipe glasses down.

“I know that but he won’t. Ross believes that the world revolves around him, and its so aggravating.” She said “So I’m sorry.” She finished.
“Its cool.” I said nonchalantly.