Chapter twenty one

Matteo’s p.o.v

Murder.

Murder was on my mind as I watched Tamera walk up the stairs to the bathroom. I wanted to kill Ross and I didn’t want to think about the consequences.

How dare he put his hand on her like that. How dare he walks away with his heart still beating and his limbs still attached to his body.

How fucking dare he.

If you couldn’t tell, I was angry…… no I was fucking furious. And what made it worse is that Tamera thinks that its not a big deal and that she’s stupid to cry over it.

And the way she sobbed into my chest, the way her frame shook in my arms and her hot tears burning through my shirt shattered my heart into a million pieces.

Who would want to hurt someone so precious, someone so pure and genuine as Tamera Matthews.

I’ll tell you who, that lame excuse of a person, Ross  Lewis. If to were up to me, I would burn him alive to see the pain and suffering in his eyes as he slowly roasted to death.

But anyway, karma will do its thing and that shit eater will get what he deserves.

Just then I heard a ping coming from my pocket. I took out my phone and saw that it was a text from my mother informing me that she wouldn’t be home for tonight and to get home early so I could watch my sisters. I sent her a quick ok and decided to go get some water for Tamera. I shot Tamera a quick text tell her I was in the kitchen and to come find me when she was done.

We I got to the kitchen I went straight to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. As I was about to walk away I bumped into someone.

“Oh shoot, sorry.” I quickly stated not even looking at the person as a hurried to walk away.

But then I was stopped by a strong grip on my arm. I looked down to see the girl that invited me, Jessica l believe. She was short, with pretty eyes and a pretty face, long flowing black hair and a cute smile on her face. She was wearing a tiara and a body con dress that showed off her figure and you could tell that she was tipsy.

“So you’re just going to walk away without wishing me happy birthday?” the girl asked in a sing songy voice her breath smelt of some kind of fruity vodka drink, I assumed she had in the cup she was holding.

Birthday? I didn’t known this was a freaking birthday party much. Much less her birthday day party. Heck I didn’t even know her name. I have never seen or noticed this girl since I transferred here, so I was surprised that she even invited me.

“Happy birthday……” I paused trying to figure out her name because I had a feeling it wasn’t Jessica. Maybe its Jenny?

“Um great party you have here.” I said trying to smoothly cover up the fact that I forgot her name.

“Thanks.” She said while running her hand down the front of my shirt, “I really appreciate you showing up.” She batted her eyes at me with a seductive smile on her face. The girl then looked down at my hands and a frown immediately plastered itself on her face, “Where is my present?” she asked with a pout and with her hand now resting on my shoulder.

I nervously laughed while removing the girls’ hand from my shoulder, “Um uh…. I didn’t get you one.” I said.  Jade's ,I think, face fell when she heard that and I felt like a total jerk. “But that’s only because I didn’t know I was coming until last minute.” I lied through my teeth with an award winning smile. “I’m really sorry.”

A mischievous smirk appeared on the girls' face as she brought both of her hands around my neck, and she brought her lips to my ear and whispered, “If you’re really sorry, I have a way could make it up to me.”  Then she pulled away a looked up at me with a seductive smile on her face.

The atmosphere suddenly changed and I felt uncomfortable. I was about to say something but by the time I could open my mouth, the girl crashed her lips onto mine without any warning. I was stunned, I literally just stood there with my eyes wide open and my hands stuck to my side and my lips sealed shut not even attempting to kiss her back. I’ve kissed a number of girls in my lifetime but none of them ever felt forced or awkward like this one and I’ve never been frozen like this before.

I snapped out of my trance and I pushed her away from me gently, well at least I tried. The girl looked up at me with a frown, “What’s wrong; why did you stop?”  she asked with a confused voice.

“Maybe because I don’t like you in that way. Look I think you’re a really pretty girl but I don’t even know you and its kinda weird you would kiss me. I’m sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.” I said trying to be as nice as possible. 

The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Whatever, you’re not that cute anyway.” She sassed before walking back into the crowd of sweaty teenagers dancing.

I sighed, thinking if I was a little too harsh on her but I soon forgot about her when realized Tamera isn’t back yet. I took out my phone and saw that the last message she sent me was twenty minutes ago.

Why isn’t she back yet?

I grabbed the bottle of water and headed out the kitchen. I made my to the stairs and I headed up them .  I then found myself in front of the bathroom door.

I knocked first not wanting to walk in on her without warning. But much to my dismay she didn’t answer, so I knocked again and again but nothing; it was completely silent. I open the door to see nobody but a guy passed out on the floor with hugging a vodka bottle.

The first thing that came to mind was …… is this guy ok  and where the hell is Tamera. I left the bathroom after I made sure the guy was breathing and then I pulled out my phone and call Tamera. As each ring passed, my heart pounded rapidly in my chest and my mind racing with all the possibilities of where she could be.

Was she in danger?

Did she leave without telling me?

Did Ross pin her against a wall in a dark corner where no one could hear or see her?

And with the final thought, the call when straight to voice mail.  Now I was really worried, where the hell is she.

I sent a few text and tried calling her again but nothing. My hands where shaking as I started to feel very nervous, the what ifs clouded my mind as I felt my chest tighten and the lump in my throat became harder to swallow.

I needed to clam down before I lost my shit. I took a deep breath, which didn’t help at all, and built the courage to walk out back into the party. I walked down the stairs and headed towards the direction to the kitchen.  As I tried to maneuvered my way through the crowd I felt somebody’s frame collided with mine.

I looked down and I immediately felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I sighed In relief and without even thinking I pulled her into a hug, “Gosh, I was worried sick where were you?”

But she didn’t answer, in fact she pulled herself out of my arms and without sparing me a second glance she walked into the sea of people with a red solo cup in hand.

Ok now I was confused. I followed suit behind her as she made her way to a group of girls I often see her hang out with. She started up a conversation with them, complementing them on their costumes , and then they started dancing.

If I wasn’t confused before, now I’m extremely confused.  “Tamera, what’s wrong?” I asked frowning down at her but she completely ignored me and continued dancing with her friends.

“Tamera….” I said reaching out to grab her hand but she pulled away from me before I could and then is when she made it crystal clear she was mad at me.

For what reason?

I have no freaking clue. So once again I reached out for her hand and this time I catch hold of it pulling her gently towards me.

“Tamera seriously what’s wrong?” I whispered to her . I kept my eyes trained on hers, daring not to break eye contact. 

“Please why do you care?” she spat at me her voice cold as ice and her usual bright caring eyes that could melt anyone’s heart where now cold and dark.

Before I could say anything she pulls away from me again, “Save whatever you have to say, just leave me alone and go back to your groupies.” She seethe before walking into the kitchen and leaving me there confused and hurt.

 I knew that she was hurt in some kind of way and it pained me knowing that I have absolutely no idea what I did to cause this but I do know I’m not leaving this party without fixing whatever it is. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pls vote and maybe leave a comment.