Chapter Thirteen

Tamera's p.o.v

The next morning I got up and started cleaning my room. It wasn't necessarily dirty but I didn't want Matteo to think I was a snob.

After I was done I picked out a nice outfit and finally went downstairs. When got I down there I found my mom to be already at work and my brother playing video games with his friends.

So I decided to make myself some breakfast. As I was making breakfast, I heard my brothers friends teasing him about some girl in his class. Apparently her name was Isabel and Travis had a huge crush on her. I found it adorable.

Just then I heard Travis yelling for me "Tamera someone's at the door!"

Normally I'd tell him to get it himself but I knew it was Matteo and I wanted to be the one who greeted him. So I left my half eaten breakfast and went to the door. I smoothen my crinkled shirt and opened the door with a friendly smile on my face.

When I open the door I was met with the silky brown eyes of Matteo, that if which I could barely see because they were covered with his mass of brown, curly hair. He was wearing a white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. He then gave me a heart stopping smile and my heart did a little back flip.

I didn't like Matteo in that way but I wasn't ignorant to the fact that he was attractive.

"Hi"

"Hey, come on in." I said moving aside him to enter. When he did smile down at me, showcasing his rows of pearly whites and said "You look nice."

My heart did three more backflips and a swarm of butterflies were set loose in my stomach. If I were a lighter shade he'd probably see my blush but thank God I wasn't.

I tried to composed myself as much as I can "Thanks you too." I said and I meant it. " I was just finishing breakfast so I hope you don't mind waiting a bit."

"Not at all." He said as he followed me into the kitchen. As we made our way to the kitchen I could hear Travis and his friends whispering like the kids at our school.

"Why are there a bunch of ninth graders in your living room." He asked once we were in the kitchen.

I took a seat on a barstool an continued eating my breakfast "My brother invited his friends over so that's why."

"I didn't know you have a brother." Matteo said

I nodded my mouth half full "Yeah and he's super nosy!" I said loud enough for him to hear because I knew he was at the kitchen door listening to this whole conversation.

Just then his friends began laughing and they all entered the kitchen. I swiveled round so I was facing them preparing for the questions I'm going to be pampered with.

"Who is this? Is he your boyfriend? Should I call the police?" Travis questioned me sternly.

I rolled my eyes "if we were in danger I wouldn't be sitting with him eating breakfast."

"Then why is he here?" Travis asked as if Matteo wasn't sitting right next to me looking at this in pure amusement.

Matteo cleared his throat and outstretched his hand to my brother "I'm Matteo and I'm here to rob your house and kill you guys." He said with a killer smile on my face.

Travis's eyes widen at the comment and Matteo laughed at his reaction. I rolled my eyes at both of them "He's here to finish a project for English class." I said before my brother started to freak and he'd call my mom. Travis didn't seem too convinced but he let it go.

"Good and let him know you're already taken." My brother's best friend, Kyle, said with a wink.

"Of course." I said winking back at him at he turned bright red. I chuckled and turned to Matteo "Let's go up to my room, it much more quiet there."

Matteo nodded and followed me up the stairs "Leave the door open!" Travis call behind us. When we entered my room I closed the door "I'm so sorry about that."

Matteo chuckled "Don't worry about it. If one of my sisters brought home a random guy I'd be worry about it too."

"So you're the protective type of guy? I asked as I sat on my bed.

"Yes, I live in a house with four girls, my dad isn't around much because he's in the army so its my job to take care of them." He said passionately.

"Ok I get that. So should we start where we left off?" I asked.

"Yeah can I ask the questions this time." "Yeah can I ask the questions this time." He asked.

He smiled and stared "What's your favorite color?"

"Purple."

"Who is your best friend."

"A firey red head named Wendy."

"What's your dream job."

"I honestly don't know but I want to do something in the medical stream."

"A skater girl that wants to be a doctor? Never would've guessed it." He said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes "Next question."

"What's your hobbies?"

"I like skateboarding."

"Is that all you do in your free time?"

I nodded.

"Kinda boring." He said

"To you. Its actually quite relaxing."

"Ok, what's your biggest fear."

I stopped to think about it "Losing some I love and worms."

"Why are you scared of that?" he asked.

"Because they're nasty and ugly to look at, I mean have you seen the way the move its......." I began to rant about how much I hated worms but then Matteo cut me off.

"No, I mean why are you scared of losing someone you love?" he asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh well, the thought of them not physically able to be there anymore kinda scares me. For instance, one day I was laughing and enjoying bonding with my dad and the next we get a phone call from the hospital ........." I cut myself off this time not trying to relive that horrible moment. I lowered my head and tried to blink back the tears but then I felt a warm hand on mine. I looked up to see Matteo with a soft smile on his face.

"It's ok you don't have to talk about it."

I gave him a tight lipped smile and nodded.

"We should end here today." He said starting to pack his stuff back into his bag.

"But you just got here you can't just leave."

"Who said anything about leaving I'm gonna go play video games with your brother." He said grinning like a child rushing out of my room and down the stairs.

I chuckled at him deciding to go down stairs too.

Matteo's cute. I thought to myself as I walked down the stairs watching as he tried to persuade my brother into letting him play.

For the rest of the afternoon we all played video games.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hello again.

It's been awhile ik.

But school just reopened and I already have lots of assignments 🙃.

So I hope u guys like this chapter even though it is shit.

Don't forget to vote and maybe even leave a comment.