one

A/N- I hope you all enjoy the first chapter that I've worked really hard for and like it as much as I did, there is much more to come your way soon!

Don't forget to vote and comment to show some love <3

"Why won't you just let me send you someone?" Miles groans over the phone making me sigh

"For the last time, Miles. I respect my privacy and don't want your guards going through my business, telling you every detail"

I hear muffling from his side and hear him mumble "just a moment sweetheart" to someone.

"Can I at least interview the bodyguard?"

"No. I'll ask Olivia to put out a job application" I end the call, letting him get back to whatever it is that he was doing before the call.

"Olivia, come to my office" I say on the phone and she comes in almost immediately as her office was right next to mine.

Olivia may be my secretary during office hours, but she is also my best friend. My only friend.

I get a knock on the door, and mumble a "come in" knowing its Liv.

"Yes?" She asks and I sit up straighter.

"I need a new bodyguard"

"What-" she looks at me, rolling her eyes and sits down on the chair in front of me.

"What happened to Mr. Broad Shoulders?" She asks, referring to my last bodyguard.

"I fired him a couple moments ago. He didn't show up on time" I say and she groans.

"You need to stop firing people so impulsively, May. This was your fourth bodyguard in the last two months"

"And?"

"Nothing, nothing" she shakes her head and stands up, fixing her shirt.

"You want me to do the interviews or will you meet them personally?"

"You do them" I stand up, putting on my coat and taking a hold of my purse before making our way towards the elevator with Liv right beside me.

"It won't be easy to terminate this contract" she says, noticing the file in my hand.

"What would you like for lunch? It's almost time for break" I ask, looking at my watch.

"I'm personally feeling fajita wrap or garlic pasta"

Olivia groans. "If we lose the codeshares, we will not have money to eat damn meals"

"I like garlic pasta but the smell gets to my clothes"

"Maya, are you even listening to what I'm saying? This is a huge problem and there are rumors spreading around. The CEOs are talking" she says, walking beside me.