twenty nine

A/N: I know I'm late and that I was supposed to post this chapter on Saturday... I'm really sorry about that but I promise the chapter will be worth the wait...I think.

Don't forget to leave your thoughts throughout the chapter!!! Happy reading

Olivia Wilson's POV:

I hate that fucker. I really do but seeing him barge into my office with an apologetic face really made me want to reconsider my thoughts.

"Yes, Mr. Hayes" I try to keep my face neutral but he just walks inside, sitting in front of me on a chair opposite to mine.

"What can I help you with?" I ask, going back to going through socials on the computer in front of me, but he doesn't know that. This just makes him feel like I couldn't care less about his presence by working when I'm really just wasting time.

"Look, Olive, I'm sorry but-" I cut him off.

"Olivia, my name is Olivia" I grit out and he seems amused but carries on.

"Like I was saying, Olive, I got a call and had to leave in a hurry" he tries to explain himself and I shrug, not paying attention, or at-least pretending not to.

"Okay"

He sits up straight with a soft scoff. "Okay?"

"Mhm" I go back to focusing on the screen in front of me, leaving him with a bewildered look on his face.

"But-" I hold up my hand making him cut himself off before he can even begin as I look at my watch.

"I'm sorry Mr. Hayes, I'm sure whatever you have to say can wait until tomorrow, my working hours are over" I get up, seeing his jaw clench as he loosens his tie.

I leave the office with quick steps and heart racing. If I get fired tomorrow, I know why. Well, he can't really fire me over this, can he?

I walk out of the office to see it raining, just amazing.

Trying to catch a cab with this weather is just how to end this spectacular day.

I hurry back in and walk up to reception, asking them to call me a cab.

"That won't be necessary. We're going the same way" Hayes comes up from behind and I ignore him, asking her to call me one anyway.

"She doesn't need it, she's going with me" he says once again making the girl put down the phone and look between us.

"I'm capable of calling myself one" I mumble, walking the other way to the couch and just as I take out my phone, It's snatched from my hands making me annoyed.

"I said, we're going the same way. Come with me" he says and I click my tongue, trying to keep it together.

"I'm sure you have other businesses to take care of, Mr.Hayes"

"Can you-" he starts with slight anger but quiets down with a sigh. "Can you stop pretending like you don't know me, like you weren't getting comfortable in my bed with me until last year, like we didn't fucking-"

"I don't know what you're talking about Mr. Hayes" I cut him off mid way, walking away.

He doesn't want to give me my phone, fine. I'll walk home.

I lied. I do know what he's talking about, of course I do, I loved him and he loved me. Or at least I think he did.

He chose his work over me and so did I.

Oh, and did I mention he got engaged to another girl? That didn't work out so well, but the fact he even did that is just...humbling. I guess I just wasn't enough.