thirty eight

A/N- for all my Miles and Olivia lovers xx don't forget to leave your thoughts throughout the chapter! Enjoy

Miles Hayes' POV:

"It was either me or Maya"

"What do you mean..?" She stops, getting closer and closing the distance in between us.

Fuck me, I shouldn't have said that.

"Nothing, we should get going, we're already late as is" I mumble, changing the topic and heading to my walk-in closet. But she follows. "It's my day off"

"You're seriously going to be like that" she scoffs as I pick out my suit for the day.

"Fine then" she says, almost stomping away and I sigh, turning around and holding onto her.

"Olive, listen.." I try to stop her and she does. "I don't care how low you think of me right now but all I want you to know is that I didn't want to get engaged to her, hell if it makes you feel any better, she didn't want me either. Our fathers just made a few... arrangements if you will" I try to tell her and see her muscles relax for a second before turning tense once again.

"I won't forgive you just because you say that Miles" she almost whispers and I bring her closer, holding her, scared if I let go she'll vanish.

I lay a soft kiss on her head and she doesn't protest, her hands to her side, not giving into my hug...but not protesting against it either so thats a huge achievement.

"I'm sure your anger is nothing a little groveling won't solve" I smile to myself, happy to have her so close to me.

She tilts back her head, looking up at me from against my chest, our faces inches away from one another. "You'll have to do a lot more than some groveling"

"Whatever you want" I smile but it drops when I remember something. "But let's start by you not going on that date tonight"

She chuckles, shaking her head and finally pushing me away. "And why would I do that?" She crosses her arms in front of her, waiting for an answer but looking way too good in my shirt.

I hold onto her waist, pulling her closer to me once again.

"I can offer you a night way better than whatever it is he has to offer" I suggest and she looks like she thinks about it for a moment but suddenly clicks her tongue.

"I'll pass" she moves away, and walks out of my closet making me follow behind her.

"I'll make sure to send you pictures" she playfully winks and I smile at seeing it after so long. It's been too long since I last saw that playful wink of hers and I'm not letting it go now. No matter what.

"Where is he taking you?" I ask, following and she shrugs walking out towards the main door through the living room.

"How did you meet him?" I ask once again and she turns around with furrowed brows and a weird look on her face as she stops next to the now opened door.

"What's with the questions, you know I'm not going to answer you anyway." She says like its the most obvious thing in the world... which it is. I knew she wasn't going to answer but it was worth a try.

I sigh, walking back in once she shuts the door on my face and head to back to my closet only to see that Olive had forgotten her phone on my glass display table in the middle next to my suit.

Huh

I should go give it to her.

But this is my chance to find out about the guy