seventeen

grincheux - french for grumpy
Mon amour - french for my love

A/ N: Last Chapter of the month!!! Enjoy loves and don't forget to leave your thoughts throughout the chapter!!

Maya Hayes' POV:

"We've been walking for at least the past fifteen minutes" I pant, stoping.

"We're almost there" he says, encouraging me to walk further... which I do with a sigh.

"Where exactly are we?" He gasps at the question and turns to look at me in the eye.

"You have never been in this area before?" He asks and I shake my head no. He mumbles something to himself at that and speaks up once again.

"Where is exactly have you been then?"

"Louvre, Seine River, Arc de Triomphe, Petit Palais-" he cuts me off with a shake of his head in disappointment.

"Those are all touristy places, good, yes. But definitely not the only ones too see. Grincheux, have you only been with other tourists during your trips?" His asks in horror but I nod nevertheless, wanting to know where he's going with this.

"France is more than just those touristy guide books. And let me just tell you, you'll never experience it if you hang out with the Americans. You need to befriend the French in order to experience the whole thing" he continues with his walk.

"And where exactly are we going? You aren't from Paris"

"Oh no, I was here for culinary school, a dear friend owns the place so might as well visit him while we're at it" he mumbles, finally stopping in front of closed wooden doors.

"This is it?" I furrow my brows in question and he nods, pushing the door open to see the complete opposite of what it looks like from outside. A different atmosphere on its own.

The place was lit with bright lights and music playing in the background. People sat, talking away loudly with each other and laughing.

They don't bat an eye as we walk in and Louis closes the door behind him.

His hand makes its way to lower back which takes me aback for a moment but I shrug it off as he leads me through the crowd and towards a corner table.

"Just wait here" he tells me strictly and I sit down while he walks up to the counter and talks to the guy for a moment before making his way to the back where the kitchen was.

I look around the room to see groups of people, all having fun with each other without a care in the world which makes me relax a bit.

Taking this as an opportunity, I take my phone out of my pocket and go through the texts and missed calls that had made their way to me.

I reply back to Miles and Mason, as well as Olivia before keeping it back on the table with the screen down just as Dubois comes out with a grin on his face and sits on the other side of the table.

A guy, most likely in his late- twenties with dark hair and ivory like complexion, follows behind and places the menu in front of me with a smile.

He says something to me in French and I look at Dubois for help with wide eyes and menu open in front of me.

"Uhh" he takes the menu away from me and hands it back to the guy, mumbling something to him and he nods with a grin.

"Can I not see the menu?" I question in confusion and he shakes his head.