twenty two

A/N: I'm like super sick right now and am currently in bed, dying of pain as I write this chapter for y'all so please make sure to leave comments and vote!!

Olivia Wilson's POV:

My heels click against the marble flooring as I make my way into my office and see Hayes from my seat to find him sitting on the other side of the table, instead of Maya's seat.

Weird.

I find myself staring so I quickly look away with a groan before I get to work.

I call to make sure a small conference room is ready for the meeting with the twins before heading to Zaina's desk for the presentation updates as she was in charge.

Zaina and her team show me overview once and I trust them to be just as good while presenting in front of the twins.

I knock on Hayes' door and look inside to see him talking on the phone. He motions for me to come in, which I do and wait for him to get done.

"Make sure there's extra security. Don't let him in" he hangs up and turns his chair to face towards me.

"Well..?" He asks in annoyance for earlier and I shrug it off, heading to the desk and placing an Ipad in front of him.

Leaning in front from his right, I start giving him a brief about the meeting and what we can expect from it.

I glance at him halfway to make sure he's listening but instead find his left hand holding onto his seat tightly, knuckles turned white. His other hand on his lap with his jaw clenched.

I fold my arms in front of my chest and notice him gulp slowly.

He doesn't try to make a single move and moreover, looked zoned out.

I clear my throat and he looks up at me with suddenness like he wasn't expecting me to be looking at him.

I look at the watch in my hand and ask him to go through everything himself while I go check out the conference room.

"Ms. Wilson" he calls out just as I'm about to leave and I turn around in question to see him shake his head.

"Never mind, please carry on" he says and I shrug, leaving his office, though I feel eyes on my back until I was out of sight.

After a while, Zaina points at me, indicating that the twins were on their way up and I hurry over to get Hayes.

"They're here" I tell him, leading him to the conference room and he walks beside me silently.

"Please don't speak up unless it's necessary. The project is huge and we don't need them to be upset over something dumb" I remind him and he just nods, fixing his suit, which in my defense, didn't need any fixing.

"I think I know a thing or two about handling a company, Ms Wilson. Don't you think so?" He mumbles just as we reach the room at the same time as the twins do with Ravi who nods at us before leaving.

"Mr. Adi, Mr, Sadio" I nod at them and they nod back, Sadio interested in what I was wearing like always whereas Adi looked more interested in who was beside me.

"This is-" I get cut off when Hayes introduces himself, holding out his hand.

"Miles Hayes"

Adi and Sadio both shake his hand, Adi more firmly than necessary.

"Shall we?" I ask, motioning towards the room and the nod in agreement.

Adi and Hayes both enter, conversing with each other while Sadio holds open the door, motioning for me to enter first.