eighteen

Olivia Wilson's POV:

I hurry into the flat with food in my hand, happy to have taken the day off.

I take off my shoes, looking around to see all the boxes around my house along with the shopping bags that they had sent up while walking up to my living room and settling on the carpet with my back against the couch.

I place the takeout bag in front of me only then realizing how bad of a idea this was since the carpet was white and keep it on the coffee table instead.

I lay down right next to the sofa, staying there in comfort before my stomach growls, asking me to continue with my food.

Just before I can open the bag, a scream escapes my mouth as I jump on top of the couch, still screaming. I realize my screaming isn't helping so I look around to find something to kill it with my it only gets worse as I look with wide eyes when the wings come out.

What is scarier than a cockroach? A cockroach who flies.

I run out the same I walked in, not bothering to wear shoes as I leave with screams, bumping into someone.

I don't bother seeing who it is as I latch onto them and they snake an arm around my waste to keep me in place as I hear a voice clear their throat.

"What's going on?" He asks and I turn to look at him with frantic eyes.

"I'm sorry theres some-" I cut myself off, realizing who it is and how he's the only one who could possibly be on the floor... and that I'm still latching on to him.

I quickly take my hand off of him and he does the same, letting go of my waist.

I notice his hand move to his back and frown before they widen in realization as he takes out a gun, taking off the safety.

"Is someone in there?" He asks, nodding towards my apartment and I shake my head.

"It's a long story...well, not so long but since you're already here, Can I ask you for a favor?" I look at him with pleading eyes and he frowns, putting the safety back on and nodding.

"What's wrong?"

I try to open my apartment door only then realizing that I had closed it in a hurry and turn back towards Miles to see him standing there with his arms closed, waiting for me to go on.

"The thing is, there's a cockroach in there" I tell him and his eyes widen for a moment as well but he covers it up well. "Is that what you were screaming about?" He questions and I nod.

"But now, I'm locked outside my apartment because I forgot to get the key in a hurry" I speak slowly, as if trying to explain to a kid.

"And what exactly is it that you want me to do?"

"Kill the roach" I say almost immediately.

"I'll go get a master key from the lobby just wait for me" I say in a stern manner and before I can leave, he speaks up.

"You can't"

"Why not?"

"Olive, do you know what time is it?" He questions and I shake my head dumbfounded. What's that gotta do with this?

"My name's Olivia" is all I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Like I was saying, it's three in the morning, There is no one down there at this moment"

I roll my eyes, folding my arms in front of me.

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I just walked out of that elevator before you decided to jump and latch onto me with screams all over the place" he grits and I sigh.