twenty seven

Louis Dubois' POV:

I'm currently on my way back. Why you ask? Well, I'm hungry once again and Maya was busy socializing with people at an after party...which I think is just made up. No one actually has after parties after auctions. What if they do though? Forget it.

Main point, I asked Maya before I left of course. Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure I was supposed to do that. Too late.

I find myself outside of Rafe's restaurant and walk in to be greeted by quietness.

Huh, there really is a first time for everything.

I walk up to the counter and find Rafe half asleep but he wakes up once I shake him. Startled by the movement.

He shoots me a glare before closing his eyes once again and I frown, shaking him up and he finally gives up, getting up.

We talk for a while and I fid myself getting hungrier by the second, finally convincing Rafe to make me something.

Just then my phone dings and I see a message from Maya saying she is headed back now which makes me think for a moment before I ask her to come here and send her the location just in case.

"Hey, Rafe" I call out and he shouts back from the kitchen.

"Can I cook?" I ask walking up to him and he raises a brow with his arms crossed before sighing and going back to sit in a corner.

I start prepping all while talking to Rafe from time to time as he serves the few customers coming in as It was a slow night.

"What's going on between you and boss lady?" He asks all of a sudden and I chuckle at the thought.

"You think her and I have something going on?" I laugh and he just looks at me with a knowing look making me groan.

"There's nothing going on" I say and he puts his hands up in surrender.

"She just hasn't eaten today so I thought it would be nice for her to-"

"Wait- you're cooking for her?" He asks and I nod, confused as to why he's so shocked.

"You mean to tell me, she's coming here right now?" I nod once again and he takes a deep sigh before he leaves and  I here noises on the other end.

I walk out the kitchen to see a customer leaving while cursing Rafe out in french, leaving the restaurant empty once again.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, just focus on your cooking" he says and he rushes around, putting things in place and I shrug, getting back to work.

"Louis, I'm leaving for a but and I'll be back later, I'll just put up the closed sign so you don't have to worry about customers" he says and I try to speak up but he beats me to it.

"Just worry about boss lady" he walks out, leaving me standing.

Not much time passes by before I see Maya walk in, looking confused before it turns into relief once her eyes land on me.

Maya Hayes' POV:

I see the closed sign on the door and stop for a moment before hesitantly opening it up only to sigh out of relief once I see Dubois there.

"Dubois" I great him with a small smile and his widens when he notices before pulling out a chair and motioning for me to take a seat, which I do.

"How was it?" He asks, "the after party, I mean"

I roll my eyes. "Oh please, It's just a excuse for all the rich people to socialize together and try and get into each others business" I click my tongue before thanking Dubois as he keeps a glass of cold water in front of me.