Chapter 11, Hidden Saint

Friday
Time: 12:27 pm
Black Egret's interrogation room.

3rd person POV:

This wasn't how I was expecting my day to start. Ms Fortune thought to herself, earlier she was simply minding her business when she found herself being transported to the Canopy Kingdom by Lieutenant Adam of the Black Egrets. This wasn't the first time she found herself in the interrogation room
The room was dimly lit, only a simple table and two chairs were placed in the room. One of the tables was occupied by a cat-like lady, Why am not handcuffed to the table or something? She thought to herself as she stalled her fingers on the table, she remembers the last time she was here. She was being interrogated by princess Parasoul herself for information on the Medici, a large crime family who has powerful control over large parts of New Meridian. But this time seems different. What could little miss princess be thinking for me... The feline gal could only wait.

Parasoul walked into the room and sat down across from her. "Pleased to meet you again, Nadia Fortune." The red hair said, sliding a cup of water to the woman across her. "What's this now, ran out of milk maybe?" Nadia chuckles and takes a small sip from the cup. "No it's not that, I actually have something to ask of you... lately I've been brainstorming and I figured I would reach to you for a classified job." She sets down photos of various shady areas of New Meridian, of course these were the usual Medici hangout spots. "Some of course the Egrets have told me about you watching these areas, it's obvious you want something done about the Medici running around in the city getting away with whatever they do..." To Nadia's surprise, Parasoul slid a specially made Egret commander uniform to her across the table.

"So starting today, you will be 3rd in command. If you don't like the uniform then may return it to Molly and she will have another one issued." The red haired woman stood up and began to walk out the door, Nadia stood up and slammed her hands on the table, knocking her chair back. "Hey! What's the big idea, I didn't sign up for any of this BS so what's your game here?" She asked. Parasoul simply turned around and gave a small grin. "I think it's time you do more than just be a hidden saint. I'll be waiting for you out here, that will give you some time to change." She walked out the door leaving Nadia alone. The feline contemplated about this decision, would she simply walk out the door leaving the outfit behind and going back to her old routine, or would she accept this new life and take down the Medici with the help of Parasoul and the Black Egrets...

"Well there isn't much of a point in refusing." She slipped out of her clothes and put on the uniform, is was almost similar to her old outfit, only now sporting a dark blue with black along with the symbol of an umbrella on both her new gloves. It seemed like her gloves were made with steel woven into them, it was definitely an upgrade from her old ones. She walked out of the room and sure enough, Parasoul stood waiting for her. "I've gotta tell ya princess, you've outdone yourself this time." She gets on all fours and yawns, then she gets back up and smiles. "I can definitely dig this new look."

They began to walk through the halls of the palace, various Egrets patrolling on guard and others simply helping around the place. They eventually reached the Egret headquarters, the heart of New Meridian's great army. "So what's the plan, SkullGirl stopping? Medici sting operations, maybe even taking them out in numbers?" Nadia chuckled. Parasoul laughed it off and sighed. "Actually there's something quite secret you probably need to know.."

                          End of Chapter 11.