Chapter 13. Recon gone wrong

Saturday

Time: 6:40pm

Location: Lab 0

Black Dahlia POV:

Working for that fancy little princess...I never thought I'd see the day I'd be doing some damn spy work for her. Though it does beat having to listen to some of those brainless Medici goons, having them blabber on and on about having status and all that money is making me age quicker I swear. Still if it means I make a little extra...

BAM!

I'll happily jump into the roof of this cursed lab for Parasoul and Ms Valentine. I found a nice open window and sneaked through, there I saw him, Braindrain in the metal and, well, brain, sitting peacefully at his desk. And then...I spotted what looked like a robotic cat girl walk over to him. "BRAINDRAIN SIR, I have completed: SURVEILLANCE TASK 01. Here is what I have so far." The shiny little toy dispensed out some photos from its mouth it looked like...Damn, so this is what he's been up to, he's been keeping tabs on Valentine! It seems whatever happened between them caused him to go all crazy stalker like.

"Interesting...looks like Valentine has gone back to some old roots of hers. No matter, we will get our hands on her eventually, then I'll make her talk about where Painwheel has run off to." "But sir, what exactly do we gain from this? It seems. . . A little unconventional trying to get them both back." Her voice sounded so annoying, I could rip out my own ears right now. But I only need to get my hands on those photos and exit, shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. And so I have to play the waiting game, unfortunately...

Some time has passed and the two are gone, luckily swiping these photos are a piece of exquisite cake! I jump back out through the window and begin to make my exit... SLAM!
I feel myself go flying into a broken down shack across from the lab, the left side of my mask feels a little cracked. And then I look at the fool who did it... she wasn't like anything I had ever seen before.

She looks like a school girl but she has the strength of a damn boxer in the ring, on top of that looks like she has a parasite bonded onto her head

She looks like a school girl but she has the strength of a damn boxer in the ring, on top of that looks like she has a parasite bonded onto her head. "Those pictures you have...they don't belong to you lady." She points a finger at the photos in my hand, I stuff them away in my chest and stand up. "Your quite the special one girly, something tells me you're working for Braindrain. Am I correct?" "You catch on quick...but it seems you're existence will end here!" She leaped into the air and shot out a large orb in my direction, I roll out the way and blast a shell in her direction. A direct hit right to her face! Wait...something's not-

3rd person POV:

The girl Dahlia thought she hit was merely a clone, her intended target slid under the shot and followed up with a hit to her stomach, Dahlia stood her ground and tried to slam down on the attacker using her cannon. Instead she was met with what felt like another punch, it was like a green silhouette had escaped the girl and manifested itself into a physical being. Dahlia was knocked back, she coughed up blood through her mask. "Now that's something...your able to leave behind these green doppelgänger's to disorient your foes. And it seems you able to shoot out those green orbs and use them as projectiles." She wipes the blood off with a green. The green haired girl scoffed, cracking her fist with an annoyed expression. "You can call me Fukua, I'm not exactly a normal little girl you'd see roaming around. When I hit you just know you seemed unfazed, but with that other punch from my clone I heard a crack or two. It sounded a lot like your lower ribs breaking."

Dahlia knew she was right, it wasn't that bad but it was definitely enough to cause some pain. Nonetheless she emptied the shells of her cannon and refilled it with new ones. She primed the barrel at Fukua once more and stood her ground. "If you think that's going to be enough you're poorly mistaken." Fukua shot out an orb from her hair, it was traveling quickly towards the grown woman. Dahlia took a shot and out a beam of energy came from the barrel, it sliced the orb clean in half. Fukua barely managed to move out of the way, scrapping her left arm in the process.

"Urgh! Why you-" Before she could get the last word out, Dahlia rushed at her and spun around. Her cannon arm bashed the side of Fukua and launched her at the wall of the lab, causing her to make a large hole through it and knocking it out cold. Though one last attempt at a blow was made by her, one of her clones slid on the floor and managed to kick Dahlia in the elbow, which quickly dislocated it. Another clone swung at Dahlia's ribs and succeeded. They both disappeared and Dahlia was left barely standing but it was clear she was the victor in this fight.

"Need...to get to that damn princess..." She huffed out in pain but she knew she had to push through it. She ran far away from the lab before the metal cat would notice her. Now it was only a matter of time if she would make it to the palace...or end up as a lifeless corpse.

                        End of Chapter 13