Chapter 3; a night in the Palace

(From now on each chapter will be told by someone's perspective or just in the third person)

So... After multiple chess rounds, everyone had left the party and the Egrets had gone to sleep. It was just me and Parasoul, and good did we look like shit. "Best... 34 out of... 37?" I was completely out of breath. I think she was too, either way we were sweating like crazy. "No I'm too tired to play another round, let's call it a draw." I nodded, thank fuck but right when we relaxed we finally realized how cold it was. I took off my heels, they ended up giving me blisters, and now my feet hurt great. "God it's freezing in here."
"I know but I realized we still haven't ate yet."
"Yeah, I'm starving what's to eat?"
"Some leftover turkey and strawberries dipped in chocolate."
Yum, maybe I'll stick around for a bit.
"So I heard about your mom." Her face turned blank, ooooh fu-. "If only she had stopped what father was doing, maybe it could have all been avoided..." Damn now I feel like a jerk. "You know, I have done things I'm not proud of. I stripped Carol from having a normal life, I helped Brain Drain with his sick experiments, I helped the Skullgirl... "I'm sorry for what happened I guess she got her wish in the end." She froze up and just looked at me. "Thank you, no one has ever said that before." Wow she complemented me, maybe she's not mad after all. "Well it's getting late, maybe we should call it a night." She yawned, I agree I'm really tired. "Heh you said it... A-and look I'm sorry about what happened back then when I betrayed you and the Egrets. I was a fool." "I guess we all deserve to be forgiven, I'll give you one chance and that's it. Got it?" She said sternly. "Got it." Finally I have a chance at redemption, besides I can't go back to the Last Hope. Not after what happened to them."

End of Chapter 3