Chapter 8: surprise.

I can't sleep tonight, I keep having these awful nightmares. I can't describe them but they feel so real. They all revolve around...Val and only get worse each time I try and sleep. Why is this happening to me now of all times? That's something I won't get an answer to but that doesn't matter, as long as she's here with me it's fine.

I noticed the temperature was chilly, and the windows were all fogged up. I guess it's snowing outside in the city. I grabbed my phone to see what time is was, 4:30 am...and it's December 22. Today's my birthday so it must mean everyone's getting me a gift, even though I don't need any. "Val, can we head back to the palace?" "Mmh, ok I'll get changed first." She said tiredly. She got up and put on her nurse attire but she put on a long coat since it's snowing. She went and got me one as well.

We got inside but something seemed off, it was dead quiet. I thought everyone would be waiting for me to come back so we can celebrate but I guess not. I changed into my normal clothes and I put in a scarf since it was still cold. I discreetly removed the books on my shelf to grab a safe I keep hidden. I opened the safe to see... Oh thank Trinity my limited addition Annie collectables are still here.

I know, I'm in my 20s and I watch a show for kids but if Valentine were to find out... she'll judge me. There's two item in my collection I don't have, the limited time premium Annie outfit for all sizes AND the celestial Annie figure made purely from shiny meteorites. Well there are alot of other collectables I don't have but if I get those two then it's fine.

Valentine's POV:

Hehehe, she has no idea what everyone has planned for her. "Hey Parasoul, how about we head to the ballroom?" She nodded, it's all going to plan. She has no idea everyone is waiting for her there and I got her something special. I've been looking through her clothes and she has an impressive amount of Annie girl of the Stars merchandise. She even has a onesie of Sagen, Annie's parasite friend. We slowly went into the ballroom, candles were lit and everyone was standing around a table with a cake on it. "Oh wow, you all did this for me?" Parasoul asked. "Of course, I mean it is your special day after all."

She opened all the gifts she received we had a blast. And then it was night, were I saved the best gifts for last. "Oh...my...Trinity.... The rare Annie cosplay items and the premium Annie figure, you shouldn't have." "Don't worry anything for you but there is one last thing I got you." I reached into my bag and gave her the last present. "T-the Annie lingerie, but I thought there's only 5 of them ever to be made!" She said hugging me tightly. Not gonna lie I can't wait for the day she puts it on for me. We sat by the burning chimney cuddling as we slowly fell asleep in each other's arms. I knew this is the life I wanted.

𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚙 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢. 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔, 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎.