Chapter 16: Odd Reunion

Sunday.

Time: 12:00 pm.

Location: Little Innsmouth

Ms Fortune's POV:

Ah~ man I love this little place. It's home sweet home to someone like me, great food place, wonderful people, and of course... "Oh hey, Nadia you're just in time!" Her... Minette, the daughter of the owner my favorite place to get grub. And the bestest waitress I know. "Minette my fish-ette! So how've ya been, no cat-astrophes or any fish-sasters?" She giggled at my jokes, ah, honestly even I don't know what she finds funny about them. "Not at all, actually I met someone who was asking for you.".

"For me? Well let's hope I'm not trouble today hehe." It was hard to believe, someone asking for me instead of some mob member asking for a quick 'chat' with me. I sat myself down and waited, until I heard quite the voice. "Greetings Ms.Fortune, I have been told many interesting things about you." It felt almost like a ghost was talking to me, like...like an echo from a spooky cave or...something. I look up and expect the worse- oh hey it's a zombie and what looks like a dragon, a very small dragon.

"Hey there, I don't think I know you. But I did I'd chip in 10% for a meal haha!...so who are you?" The zombie girl bowed, and so did her dragon. "I am Sienna Contiello, but you may call me Squiggly if you wish to do so. And this is my companion Leviathan." "A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Well the names Ms.Fortune, you can call me Nadia or whatever you'd like. I've actually heard a bit about you from Mr Music Man himself." I got a gooood stretch in, which also got me thinking, do zombies ever get a good stretch, do they stretch at all? But that wasn't the only thought on my mind. "So why exactly did you ask for me, I know it isn't to get an autograph or anything." She took a seat and luckily, Minette brought over some waters for us. "I've come to...seek you out as a mentor, Miss Nadia." . . .Mentor? Me, out of all people...a mentor? "I have heard about the many things you can do, what you are capable of doing. In a way we are somewhat similar and...your quite a hero for some, including me."

A... hero? Gosh those words feel so strange to hear. I haven't considered myself a hero at all, the thought of it just goes in one side of the brain and out the other. I don't...know how to feel about this. "Well kiddo, that's the one word I don't have in my vocabulary... but if you need my help, I'll do what I can." Feeling a little heroic, I take my head off and harden my tail, jumping onto it and skedaddling all the way to the end, posing for dramatic effect of course. "I swear, I, Nadia Fortune, surviving member of the Fishbone Gang and new left hand to Commander Parasoul, I'll show you my ways!"

That seemed to do the trick for her, her eyes shined brightly like a kid going to the boardwalk for the first time. Then I heard the little bell ringing and saw who just stepped in. "Well well well, looks like the cat dragged itself in. We need to talk..." Black Dahlia entered the restaurant, this time sporting a black dress and red hair. "I've been meaning to have a little chat about- oh, oh shit." Dahlia and Squiggly made eye contact, and then with me, it seemed like they were both trying to pick the words to say or trying to give me some kind of signal. "Oh, right uh...forgot to mention this. Here, let me explain this whole ordeal." I sat them both down and began to explain.

"Dahlia...is the princess's spy now?" I nodded, it was hard to see her the first time but nothing I couldn't get over. Though when I saw her she looked like a beaten up trash can. "And your going to be teaching...Sienna, or well, 'Squiggly' how to be...you?" Dahlia looked a lot like a grandma in her rocking chair, trying to put two and two together. "Yessiree, though what's with red hair, trying to look young and spry?" I ask her, Minette, my lovely savior of course bringing in some special lemonade. "Ohohohoh! You flatter me dear, but no. My bunnies offered to give me a little makeover and I just couldn't turn the offer down." She did a little strut, doing a big kick with her surprisingly spry mechanical legs. "Besides, I think this matches the style that princess is going for."

"Now on to the topic of our discussion." Dahlia reached into her cleavage and plopped down a hologram projector onto the table. "Our main target in question is the head of the Medici, Lorenzo. I'll be stationed by his side in order to 'guard' him, during the big bust. Of course it will be easy to topple him in his current state, he looks about as youthful as a prune sunbathing in the desert." Dahlia giggled to herself, admittedly I couldn't help but laugh at that joke, who knew a wack job like her could crack a joke like that?

3rd Person POV:

"Valentine will lead the new HOPE squadron towards the side of the building, meanwhile Parasoul will lead the Inferno Brigade towards the very front of the building. Fortune, you will lead a loud and devastating assault from under the ground and straight into the Medici casino, meanwhile I will command my bunnies to sabotage those pesky goons's attempts to thwart our little operation." Dahlia slowly walked around the table, switching the hologram projection as she explained to them through the plan with detail. "I will make my way to Lorenzo's office as to avoid any suspicion and wait until you three and the rest of the brigade arrive, afterwards he's as good as gone...as well as his little family." Dahlia giggled, crossing her legs. "Oh but there is a second target to note of, a bucket of brain matter and scrap by the name of Brain Drain. He is located in the abandoned Lab 0, something that was once hidden to the public and still is." The holo-projector switched to a run down Lab 0, showing every entry point, vent hatch, and points of interest. "Brain Drain won't go down easy, his suit has a built-in detonation system that destroys everything close to it, he's layered the lab with traps since I last went there, and on top of that he's got two henchwomen at his disposal." The holo-projector displayed Fukua, a nasty and dangerous individual, to Squiggly she looked a tad bit familiar. Then, it displayed Robo-Fortune, an android made from spite and supreme technology, it packs devastating power, explosive mines, and most importantly features that resembled Nadia.

". . .What the f-"

                           End of Chapter 16

Hello! i hope you've all been awaiting my return, i had to go through a few character quests and development but i'm back, and ready to finish this bad boy, so stick around, otherwise you'll miss the show...