Chapter 4: the second chance

I stared at the ceiling I can't fuck this up, I have a chance to make this right. I sat up, time to fix what I had done.

______________________________________

I felt every Egret looking at me with anger, I can't let that get me off guard. I need to focus, eyes on the prize. "Look who's back, about time as well." I turned around, I couldn't believe who was standing right in front of me. "Roxie?" She stood smiling at me. "Hey Valerie, you've changed alot." She said to me shaking my hand. Wow, I thought she would be mad after I shot her. "Hey Roxie, you still look the same, I'm guessing you're still together with Molly?" She blushed, that's a yes. "Yep, she even told me it was you who gave her the courage to ask me out." "Oh well did she tell you anything?" She smirked at me, oh Trinity help me. "She told me about your little... Crush." Lord please give me the strength to not choke her right now, I beg of you. "Good to know..." Well I'm dead, I am literally praying she doesn't tell anyone at all. "Well it was nice catching up, bye." Well after that interaction I showered, got ready for the interview. I remember my first time here, I was dumb and blinded by my personality. I got upset and betrayed Parasoul, but this is going to be different and I'm not going to do the same thing I did years ago. "Good afternoon recruits, I am excited to have you all here and hope all of you become fully fledged Egrets." She spoke with a stern voice. "Being an Egret doesn't mean just being tough, you have to be trusting to your comrades and be able to communicate with them to better ensure victory. And you must remember that the main threat is the Skullgirl and those who pose a threat to New Meridian." I decided to take a look around, I noticed some female recruits and thank god for that. I wonder if people still hate me for what I did. "I will be interviewing you again." Parasoul said pointing Kreig at me, as I looked at the tip of it I realized how dangerous that weapon actually is... "Ok sounds good, little princess." She walked to her bedroom which looked more like an office and she signaled me to follow. I sat down on the black leather couch that was there. "You gonna chew me out? Say that you'll kill me if I slip u-." Before I could finish she hugged me tightly. I could tell she was crying because I heard her sniffle. She pulled away from me with a tear running down her face. "What made you do all that? Was it jealousy? Or was it frustration?" Before I could say anything she started talking again. "What happened you're eye? It's all red now, and you're other eye is gone. How did this happen?" I felt like I was going to tear up and sob. "T-theres was an explosion at one of the labs and this was the aftermath of it." I saw her trembling before my eyes. Did she feel sorry for me? But why, why would she care about me? "I'm so sorry... I should have helped you when you needed it the most." She started to cry, I felt my heart sink deeply. I never thought about how she was feeling. I hugged her gently as I felt her tears fall down onto my chest, I ended up crying with her. I have never felt this emotional in a long time, I hated seeing her cry. She wiped her tears away and sat back in her seat. "Stop crying. You're embarrassing yourself in front of you're princess..." I wanted to hold her more, I NEEDED to hold her more but all I could do is wipe my tears away. "Sorry... I just got a little emotional." She chuckled at what I said. We talked and talk for what felt like hours. "Well that concludes the end of this interview." She said standing up from her chair. "You don't wanna talk about anything else?" I hoped we could talk more. "Yes, now head back to your room. You will await untill I have made a decision."

______________________________________

I waited and waited. As I lit my cigarette I opened the window to look at the city, everything was lit up beautifully, just then I heard a knock at the door. I put out my cigarette and opened the door, Molly stood still holding an Egret recruit uniform without the red band. "Welcome back recruit." She handed me the uniform and shakes my hand. I neatly put it on my desk and laid my head to rest. Tommorow was a long day.

End of Chapter 4