Chapter 2 - A Village in the Forest

(A/N): Hello. Sorry I didn't post in a while, had some personal issues to deal with. Anyways, here's the next chapter.

Writing format(temporary, subject to change):

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Rigur POV:

My name is Rigur. I am the warrior of a small village of Goblins, and the only named individual. Even so, I do not consider myself strong, as there are many beings far superior to me, like the Great Storm Dragon, Veldora.

21 days ago, the Veldora, the Guardian Deity of the forest, suddenly disappeared, leaving all of the inhabitants of the forest in a panic. In the chaos, many malicious forces are attempting to cause trouble now that the guardian of the forest is gone.

Standing in front of me is a group of Direwolves. I have no clue as to why they left behind their home 200 kilometers to the east and migrated here, but it is clear that they mean trouble.

Right now, me and a small group of Goblins are in a standoff against 4 Direwolves. It's apparent from a glance that our side is at a disadvantage. Each of the Direwolves is at least as strong as me, if not more, and their leader seems to surpass me greatly. Meanwhile, my group of barely-armed goblins, numbering only 5 excluding myself, would struggle to take down even one Direwolf. It is a match that can only be described as hopeless.

Even so, as the named warrior of our village, who Lord Gelmud saw potential in, I must hold my ground. For the honor of my name, and my village.

I grit my teeth and prepare myself to fight. The Direwolves are making their move, spreading out to surround us. The Goblins huddle tightly to form a small cluster, facing outwards to the Direwolves. I can feel that they are scared. If I have to admit, I am scared as well. For my village's future.

The atmosphere is tense, as the Direwolves circle around us, seemingly waiting for us to make the first move. Thoughts and half-ended strategies cluster my mind as I desperately try to find a way out of this unfavorable predicament. But my thoughts are unclear! I cannot make judgement right no-

"DURAAAGONNNNN PAUUUNCHHH!"

Ueh!?

A dark blue thing whizzes around us, knocking out the Direwolves in a blinding flash. The fear in my companion's eyes turn into surprise, for only a second.

As the last Direwolf falls to the ground, unconscious, I look around to look for my savior, to maybe offer them my th-

A SLIME!?

Did this slime just take out all of these direwolves? It should be impossible, but... this aura! This is the aura of a Calamity class being!

"KUA-HA-HA-HA! Worry not goblins, for you have been saved!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

Kua-ha-ha-ha! Truly, my mercy and grace knows no bounds! This forest is in great peril, but fret not, for your guardian deity, Veldora Tempest, has arrived!