Chapter 8 - Tormented Flames

Writing format:

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Shizue POV:

Please! Stop this!

I need to get in control of my body, but Ifrit is too strong! Please! Just give me the strength to do this, God, or whoever else!

I-

I don't want to hurt someone else again, just because I'm too weak to control myself!

Rimuru-san...

I'm sorry...

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

"Long time no see, Charys!" I shout to attract the attention of the fire spirit. "I'm very sorry, but I must stop you right here!" I declare with brimming confidence. Ifrit appears to be enraged, and launches multiple fire-based attacks at me. I dodge most, but some land onto me. Fortunately, my {Heat Resistance} saves me.

"{Icicle Lance}!" Elen launches a shard of ice at Ifrit, who dodges it. Hmm... If I remember correctly, Rimuru defeated Charys using... Naruhodo!

"Elen! Fire an icicle lance at me!"

"Eh!?" She asks, confused, but I nod at her, confirming my intention. She responds with a determined hum, before redirecting her attack at me. I absorb the icicle, while {Great Sage} analyses its magical composition.

[[Notice:Analysis of spell: {Icicle Lance} succesful.]]

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Ifrit, prepare yourself, for I shall now show you my ultimate attack! [Twenty Meter Radius Emerald Splash]!" A myriad of magic circles appear in the sky, all directed towards Ifrit. As I activate the magic, a barrage of icicles assaults Ifrit from all directions. He attempts to block it, but fails, obviously. "Fool! No one can just deflect the Emerald Splash!"

Ifrit eventually collapses to the ground, with bruises and cuts all over his body. I approach him, slowly, and menacingly(I'm totally not a chuunibyou, ok? I'm actually the main character!). Ifrit snarls, and summons a dozen or so clones, who surround me. But unfortunately for him, no one can deflect Emerald Splash. However, it seemed he had yet another trick up his sleeve, a {Flare Circle}. My small body was engulfed by Ifrit's flames, but it seems like he still hasn't learned the lesson I taught him last time. Actually, I haven't taught him that lesson in this timeline yet... I'll make a note to do that. The fire dissipates to reveal an unharmed me.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Ifrit, you'll need a lot more power if you wish to hurt me!" He tries to raise his hand to conjure another magic circle, but he can't. Kua-ha-ha-ha! That's right, you've been caught by my thread! Ifrit struggles, but the thread doesn't budge. "Ifrit- no, Charys, I'll be sending you into my stomach now. Take your time to reflect on your actions, you'll have someone there to help you, anyways." I smirk at that last part. Ifrit seems to take offense to that, and growls at me, trying to attack me, but he can't. I activate {Predator}, and devour his body, consuming the heat and flames along with him.