Special Chapter! - Christmas in the Empire of Monsters!

Writing format:

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Mini-Chapter 12.1: Sander's Cross?

It is custom in the Jura-Tempest Empire to have a national broadcast every morning. Usually, the broadcast is filled with less-than-exciting news: announcements of new projects, new food dishes, and the occasional 'Any May' convention, but today is different. The central plaza of Rimuru City, just earlier an empty space, now a large crowd gathers before a stage in anticipation. All eyes are on one tall, blonde haired man strutting slowly up the stairs of the stage. The only sound apart from his heavy footsteps is the howling of the wind. The man, the Emporor Rimuru Tempest, also known to a few as the Storm Dragon Veldora, ends his stride a foot before the edge of the platform. The crowd is on their toes, dying to hear what their beloved leader has to say. What words of wisdom, or oracles of impending calamity will he announce today? Eventually, after a long, suspenseful silence...

"Kua-ha-ha-ha!" The emporor begins his speech, as usual, which an iconic 3-piece laugh.

"Of course! It's that time of year! Christmas is here, my dear subordinates!"

And without saying another word, he flashes a grin, and walks away, leaving behind a baffled crowd.

20 minutes later:

Veldora is seen relaxing in his office, reading a book. In the room with him are a red haired ogre named Benimaru, a goblin named Rigurd, and a human girl named Shizue Izawa.

The silence that hangs in the air is occasionally interrupted by chuckle from Veldora, usually followed by an exasperated sigh from Shizue.

Eventually, Benimaru decides to break the silence.

"Let me start by saying that that was an excellent speech, Lord Rimuru." He maintains his dignified posture and polite tone of voice despite the awkward atmosphere. "However, I don't think I understand what exactly a 'Chrissy Moss' is..." Benimaru lowers his head apologetically, and Rigurd follows suit.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! You see, my dear subordinate, Christmas is a wonderful celebration! It is a festival revolving around a colorfully decorated tree, with lots of food, drinks, and scantily-dressed elves, for whatever reason!" Gobta, who was eavesdropping from outside, turns red, and makes a wicked expression.

'At least, thats how Rimuru always celebrated Christmas on the 95th floor.'

"E-excuse me... what?" Shizue almost drops her teacup. "That's not how I remember it at all!"

""Hm?"" Veldora looks taken aback. Obviously, he's quite confident in his own experience. "But that's exactly how I celebrated it..."

"U-Uhm well... maybe it was different from wherever you came from... from what my students have told me, Christmas is a time to celebrate with family, and eat lots of delicious fried food. Also there was something about an old man with a white beard, dressed in red?"