Chapter 15 - Shizue and The Empire of Monsters

Writing format:

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Shizue POV:

Where am I?

I find myself walking in a white space. It was truly endless, and truly featureless.

I walked on, for a long time, not coming across anything, until I saw two silhouettes in the distance. One resembled the hero, my teacher, and the other, my first friend, Pirino.

They're...

I break into a sprint, running to them as fast as possible, before they can leave me on my own again.

I crash into them, bringing them into an embrace as tears well up in my eyes.

But the moment is short lasted, when they begin to crumble into dust, right before my eyes,

"No! Please... don't leave me again..." I beg the slowly disintegrating bodies of my friend and my mentor, but my pleas do nothing at all.

Before she loses her form the hero raises her hand, and points it into the distance. Her arm soon disappears as well, blown away into the wind.

Brushing away my tears, I look into the direction where the hero pointed to, and...

"Mother!"

A picturesque garden with a wooden house, small grasses sprouting out from beneath the gravel, the tranquil sounds of leaves rustling...

That were the last time I was truly happy, wasn't it? Before I got dragged into the world...

"Mother! I'm here!" My tears stream down my face, blowing off into the white abyss as I dive into my mother's arms. "Mom..."

Within her embrace, I finally let out every emotion I had bottled up over the years. My mom kept comforting me, stroking my head lovingly, until I stopped crying.

"I... I'm sorry... mom, I want to stay here... but..." I try to force my words out, but they get stuck in my throat. "I... I don't want to leave here, but..." No! I promised Rimuru-san that I would return! Why can't I bring myself to do it!?

"Shh, it's alright honey. I understand." She whispers softly as she caresses my hair. "The people who are waiting for you, go make some happy memories with them, ok?"

I gaze into my mothers eyes, which look at me so lovingly. Through my sobs, I make a determined nod. We enjoy the last moments of our embrace, before I step back, and allow myself to fade into the nothingness, returning to Rimuru in the real world.

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd POV:

One day ago...

A low murmur lingers as hundreds of monsters, all of different sizes and colors, shuffle into a hastily prepared tent. No seating arrangement was planned, so the leaders of every tribe in attendance simply too any seat they saw, with their attendants standing behind them.