Chapter 13 - Tempest vs. Orcs

Writing format:

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd POV:

The earth rumbles and trees topple as the flood of flesh and metal carve their way through the heart of the Jura Forest. Their target, The Jura-Tempest Empire, and their emperor, Rimuru Tempest.

At the helm of the stampede is an orc that distinguishes itself from the rest, in size, appearance, and certainly in strength. He is the Orc Disaster Geld, an S-ranked demon lord seed. Every step he walks shakes the ground, yet they are filled with a certain hesitation. However, there is no doubt that a fire of determination is lit within the eyes of the Orc Disaster. He knows his purpose, and on his honor, and the honor of his lord, Demon Lord Clayman, he shall complete his task, even if it costs him his life.

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

Kua-ha-ha-ha! Very good, it seems my forces are building up well!

I stand alone in the shade of a tree, overlooking the training grounds. Down below, a small army of monsters are engaging in sparring matches, practicing their skills for the upcoming battle.

Of course, this is the task force built up to fight the Orc Lord, and the future elites of the Tempest Imperial Forces!

Out of the monsters below, I'm particularly focused on one pair.

"*huff* Argh! How are you so strong!" The rabbit girl named Flamaire yells in frustration at Benimaru who had just deflected her flurry of attacks with what looked like relative ease.

"I think I should be asking you that question. I'm quite impressed that you are able to keep up with me, the strongest Kijin in the ogre clan, in a duel."

Obviously, it doesn't need to be stated that Benimaru is a very capable fighter. I have, in fact, particularly enjoyed some of my spars with him, I would even say that he is on equal footing with my student, Zegion. However, in this case, I am more interested in the girl, Flamaire. I knew her more as a person to have fun around Tempest with than a fighter, but it seems she is also quite capable in combat.

*clang* Flamaire's boomerang strikes at a weak point on Benimaru's katana. However, due to Flamaires lack of strength, the sword was only cracked, whereas a stronger strike would have snapped the sword in half.

Benimaru, taking advantage of Flamaires surprise, swings his katana towards Flamaires neck, stopping before the blade cuts her head off.

"Argh! I just can't escape the fact that I'm weak, huh?" Flamaire crumples to the ground in defeat.

"You may be weak, but your fighting instincts are sharp. If you were only slightly stronger, then my sword would have be destroyed." Benimaru, although concerned that at the state of his sword, praises Flamaire.

Hmm... She certainly does have potential... Alright, it's settled then!

"Kua-ha-ha-ha!" I leap high into the air, and land in the centre of the training field. Everyone stops sparring and turns to look at me. "That was quite an exciting fight there, you two!"