Blackwater Lake

Jake

After our dinner, I took her to Blackwater lake. As we stop at the edge of the lake.

She took off her shoes and stepped onto the grass. She smiles and squishes it between her toes. There is that childlike innocence that I have never seen. I watch her. Drinking in that innocence. I know where she is going next. That is why I brought her here.

She lets out a giggle as the water touches her feet. It's cold. Almost numbing. But she doesn't care. She can't resist the temptation to feel the water on her feet. The night is still, the lake-like glass, except for the childlike woman splashing and exploring in the shallows before me. She turns and looks back at me standing on the grass. She cocks her head as if to dare me to come in after her. I grin and shakes my head. I decided to stay safely on dry land. Or so I think. She kicks a stream of water towards me. Barely misses soaking my dry clothes.

I wasn't expecting that. Though I should have been. I was distracted. Caught up in the moment. The look of shock on my face lets her know I was caught off guard. She tilts her head back and laughs. The laugh of a confidant woman. That is no innocent child standing in the lake before me. At that moment I fall in love with her a little more, wondering how that is possible when my love is already overflowing.

Bored with her solitary play, she rejoins me on the grass, puts her hands around my neck, and looks up at me with those sparkling eyes. I kiss her forehead. Nose. Lips. We kiss playfully, and eagerly. Lips smiling. Tongues playing. Eyes laughing. My hands were on the back of her neck. Holding her close to myself. Afraid to let go of this goddess that has graced the earth just for me.

We kissed until we are nearly out of breath. Parting with quiet laughter. Amused at our youthful enthusiasm. She takes my hand and took me near the lake to sit.

She is radiant and he is captivated. At that moment he would follow her to the ends of the earth. He nearly does.

She leads me to the very end of the lake. Her Toes hanging over the edge. All that can be seen before us is water smooth as glass, reflecting the moonlight.

We sit for a while at the edge of the lake. She puts her toes in the water and rests her head on my shoulder while Letting out a sigh. She is finally relaxed, resting against me. Enjoying the beauty of the lake, and the stillness of the night. Silence. Except for the quiet splash of the water under our feet and the singing of the summer insects. And the beating of our hearts. I take her hands and caress them from wrist to fingertip as if exploring something beautiful and fragile. Those hands of hers are anything but fragile, except at that moment, transformed by my gentle touch. She yawns.

I lift her head from my shoulder. Kisses her forehead, her cheek, her lips. Softly. Just barely touching her. I rise and help her to her feet. Leads her off the lake edges, across the grass. I brush the sand from her feet and slip them into her shoes. I struggle to close the tiny buckles that are not made for large fingers. She knows she could do it twice as fast, but she smiles and waits patiently. Watching me concentrate.

As I stand, she takes my face in her hands, gently, and kisses my lips. Our overspilling emotions mingle and swirl around us. We are in our universe once again. Locked in a kiss under starlight and moonlight. Time standing still...

-------------------------

We came to the cabinet, happily after our wonderful date and look at each other as our lips started to lean towards each other...