Meeting Hannah

While driving, Cleo asked curiously, "I didn't know that you had a brother Mc."

I smiled and said, "You never ask."

Cleo smiled and asked curiously, "But what is your brother doing in Duskwood... I mean you are not from here."

I looked outside of the window and said quietly with a sigh, "Long short story. My dear brother found out that I am involved with Jake and here he is now."

Cleo smiled and said, "You got a good brother, MC."

I smiled, leaned back on the seat, turned to look at Cleo who was driving, and said quietly, "I know Cleo. He is the best brother."

I turned to look out of the window and said with a dramatic sigh "But Sometimes he is just so overprotective that you get angered."

Cleo laughed and said, "But isn't that his job as a brother."

I gave Cleo a look that said 'You don't know my suffering, my friend.' At which Cleo laughed more for a while.

The car ride with Cleo was not boring. We found a common topic and talked a lot about food and cooking.

As we reached the hospital, Cleo told me to go ahead as she joined me after parking her car. So I walked toward the hospital entrance while looking at my surroundings.

As I reached the reception desk to ask about Hannan's room someone called my name as I turned to look for it was Thomas.

He smiled while walking toward me and said, "Hi Mc, What are you doing here?"

I smiled and said, "Well... I was going to visit Hannah and Dan with Cleo."

Thomas looked confused and asked, "Cleo?"

I smiled and said, "Ah... She is parking her car."

Thomas nodded in understanding and said, "Then come with me, I will take you there."

...

As we were walking in the corridor, I asked Thomas, "So how much did you guys tell Hannah about everything, Thomas?"

He looked at me and said, "To be exact nothing."

I looked confused, as Thomas continued, "Well... it was Cleo and Lilly's idea. To not tell Hannah about Richy for now, as she is still recovering from the kidnapping."

I nodded in understanding and said nothing. As we reached Hannah's ward, Thomas pushed open the door, and Inside Hannah was sitting in the hospital bed looking out of the window in a daze.

As she realized that someone had come she turned to look at Thomas and smiled. As her gaze stopped at me she stopped smiling and looked curiously at me.

Thomas looked at Hannah and introduced both of us, "Hannah it's Mc, the one who helped us find you, and Mc it's Hannah."

After knowing, Hannah smiled and said, "Mc come inside why are you standing at the door."

At that moment, I realized that I was still standing at the door like a fool. I smiled a little embarrassedly and came inside after closing the door. Thomas gestured for me to sit on the sofa as he sat on the stool beside Hannah. I look at Thomas whose eyes were on his girlfriend and smile a little before sitting on the sofa.

As I sat, Hannah said, "I heard a lot about you Mc, and... Thanks for everything. I mean it."

I looked at Hannah and said with a smile, "I am happy that you are safe Hannah, and... You don't have to thank me... I mean... I was not alone... all of them have helped me a lot... so..."

Hannah smiled and said, "I know... just I want to say thanks to you... After all, you were a stranger and helped me."

I just nodded and didn't know what to say as it was kind of awkward to talk to Hannah. Especially after knowing everything about her.

After all, Hannah was someone who was a stranger to me. It was one thing to talk with others comfortably. After all, I got to know them all a bit all this while. But Hannah was a stranger...A stranger whose life I had a part in saving.

I just quietly looked at Hannah and for a second it all felt unreal. Too Unreal, I imagine meeting Hannah but now that she is in front of me safe and alive. I still find it hard to believe somewhere.

To be honest, all of my emotions are messed up and complicated after knowing the truth about everything. So now that I am sitting in front of Hannah I find it awkward to talk.

Just as I was thinking about what to say, the door opened and Cleo came with a smile. I smile looking at Cleo, as it becomes less awkward between Hannah and me. As Cleo was talking about a lot of things and from time to time, Thomas and I answered too.