I won't give up

Jake

A moment…

Sometimes we all just need a moment to live in.

Like tonight…

That I wish to engrave in my heart forever.

Tonight was our night and it felt so unreal to be true. The whole night was perfect with Mc and our long-awaited Chinese Date. 

I know in my heart that I am not going to forget this moment in this lifetime.

But I have to say that everything came with a price. 

These few days with Mc were so peaceful that I forgot about everything else.

Two days with Mc have given me a life I want to have with Mc every day. But now it's time for me to pay the price…

After calming her down I decided to be a little bit selfish and asked her to be my girlfriend. I know that she will agree happily, but it still felt like a dream to me. 

I looked at her a little shocked and with a big smile she said, "I will Jake."

She smiled and said, "You know Jake it felt right from the beginning to trust you and Jake… that day will never come when my love for you will fade away so easily. I never had a boyfriend before and after meeting you… I don't want anyone. I know that life with you will always be like this and I chose it…I was just worried about you and always will be. Jake...There… is fear in my heart. And the desperation is crippling me… You know that I had only felt the same amount of desperation once before. In that case, death ended up stealing those two people from me. And I couldn't bear to lose another person again. So please, be safe for me." 

This woman, how could I not love her? With this thought, I looked at her lovingly and cupped her face in my hands while mumbling "I am sorry Mc, that you have to deal with a thought like that and I promised you that remember that I would not get caught because it would separate me from you. So please, trust me okay." I mean every single word.

She looked at me and said quietly leaning on my hand, "I trust you, Jake. But I will always be worried about you and you can't change that."

Hearing her worried about me, I kissed her without a word. To reassure her and me that everything will be alright. And whatever happened I am not giving up on us. Not this easily.

It was the “us” that I wasn’t giving up on…

After the kiss, I looked at Mc and said, "You know Mc… even though we met in these circumstances… These two days with you were the happiest I have been in these 4 years. You're the only one who knows what I am going through. And…"

Mc put her hand on my lips and said, "Say no more Jake."

I smiled a little and kissed her hand before saying, "Ok no more sad words."

Mc smiled a little and asked, "What is inside the box?"

I said blushing, "Well, I bought this for you quite a while ago."

She raised her eyebrows and asked with a smile, "So Jake you did plan to meet me didn't you?"

To be honest, yes, I did plan to meet Mc but I am too embarrassed to say that to her. So I looked down and 'hummed' in response.

Mc chuckled and started to open the box. As she was opening the box I looked at her quietly. 

She didn't say anything for a while, and I was also in no hurry so I waited patiently. 

Mc looked up at me and said, "Jake will you help me wear it."

I smiled and put the necklace on her slender neck. 

She looked at me and said with a smile, "It's beautiful Jake. I love it."

I smiled and mumbled, "Glad you like it, my love."

I leaned my forehead on hers and said, “The moment you took your very first step into my life, you became my life

I leaned my forehead on hers and said, “The moment you took your very first step into my life, you became my life. You’re my shining light in the night sky, my reason for keeping on. There’s nothing I could change to be happier my love."