Fallen Moon

Author's Name:

Moon_G0ddess

Reviewer:

raelynlayn

Review Type:

Cover/Blurb, Hook, Plot

Cover/Blurb Review:

Okay, so, first off, I LOVE THIS COVER. Seriously, it's so freaking beautiful. As soons as I saw it, I couldn't stop looking. It has everything, a good readable title, author's name, and an awesome photo of a crown breaking apart. It really catches the eye of a potential reader. Just like it catched mine. Yeah, I don't have any comments on this, this cover feels perfect. Well, maybe, just one small thing, you can't really read who made the cover. So, that could have been a bit bigger, but that's it. For the rest, in one word, awesome. Let's move on to the blurb. I love the quote you start with! It hooks me to read the rest of the blurb. And, also, it shows a tiny bit of your writing style already, which is also fun to see. Yes, love this blurb. It really gets me interested to read this story, because it has all the aspects I love to read about, but also because it's written in a catchy way. It's mysterious, fun, and you just want to know more about these people as a reader. I want to know their story now. So you did a really great job here! If I saw this cover and blurb in a bookstore, I would most definitely give it a try as well. Also, last thing, I love that you already give a warning for the content in the blurb!

Hook Review:

I love that you start with a chapter in which you state things about the story, since that can give a reader very good insight into what's ahead of them. Also, I really like that you made character aesthetics, even though I usually skip them since I want to make my own picture of them in my head. But I do always love to see that authors love to make these things for their stories, or just look them up, anyways, they do put effort in the story more than just writing it, and that shows (for me personally) that you love the story you're telling here.

But now, let's actually read the story, and check out the hook. I loved reading the prologue, and it's good that you let's know on forehand that this is not the main character, since I otherwise probably would have expected so, but that it's still important to know the story in the future. I loved reading about how there's an instant threat of war, which is not cool, but it's fantasy, so different from reality, and fights, and beasts with awesome names, and people called barbarians everyone is afraid of. I'm so curious to get to know more about all of this.

The first chapter is written so well, too. You instantly feel a connection with the character, and I also saw a connection with the prologue. You write with so much detail, that it feels like you're standing next to this person in the story. I'm so curious what this story will bring. The feelings this character has about her fate, and how she doesn't want it, are so strong, and I want to know if she can make a choice to another path or if she will stay here. Maybe something will happen with the world that she goes another way. I don't know, but I really want to know.

Anyways, I'm hooked on this story. Totally. This prologue and this first chapter want me to read more (actually the blurb already hooked me, but your writing style did it again). I want to know what's all going to happen, and how it will end. I want to get to know the main character and everyone she's going to meet along the way. Your writing style is so good, you have a great feeling for sharing a lot of descriptions, but at the same time not too much that it gets boring. It reads smoothly and grabs you into this world, and because there aren't any mistakes in there, you also stay in the story.

Plot Review:

To review the plot development, I have read the first ten chapters, and I will give my overall opinion about it here. So not per chapter as for the hook, but all the chapters together, and what I thought about how the plot appeared and developed in these chapters.

First of all, I love your writing style. I also love that you describe the important characters very well when we meet them, but that you also leave room to let them grow, and for us to learn more about them throughout the story.

I love how this story starts with a prologue that mentions some beasts and a thread of war, and that we read more about that in the first couple of chapters. It gives a connection. Even though the first chapters are really character based (which I love), you also feel that something big is about to happen one day. You throw in hints here and there, and you also mention things from the prologue through conversations between the characters. I also love that you mention 'the Dragons' in chapter six, and that in chapter seven we switch to another pov who seems to know more about those 'dragons'. It gave a lot of depth to the story, and made me more curious to know what all will happen.

You keep a steady flow in your writing and as a reader you live along with the characters, you follow them through their story, and they're interesting to read about. I don't really have any critical points on the plot, since there aren't any holes in these chapters, and it just reads well. I love following Celein and her curiosity to the tales, and if maybe they're true, and the mysterious chapter seven where I want to see more about. You also mentioned that this will be a series of five books, which gives you a lot more space for a big plot, and different things to happen. And I believe you use that space well, you describe everything deeply, but it's still fun to follow. I already love this journey of Celein in the first chapters, and I already see her character come alive and develop, and I'm sure it only gets better after this.