Chapter 24: Battle Plans

I am terribly sorry for not updating sooner. I completely forgot what day it was yesterday, mainly because I wasn't feeling the best and didn't go to school (it also happened to be cross country day) and I was catching up on all of my TV.

As for today... I was going to update this morning, but I had to tutor and babysit our neighbour so I couldn't, really sorry but I'm updating now!

Today I am dedicating this chapter to all of my silent readers. I have a few and I wish to thank them for voting because without them, I wouldn't have the ratings that I do, so thank you. I would, but new Wattpad isn't letting me, but we all know who it's dedicated to anyway.

Chapter 24: Battle Plans

"How, and I mean how, did you know all about Kieran?" Reigner asked as we trekked back to the Light Palace.

"I'm right here," Kieran said pointedly. He had joined us on our way, sending his people off to war without him. They happily went because many of them wanted to sink their hands into someone's gut or be drenched in blood. Faeries, honestly.

Reigner rolled her eyes as Kila giggled, "Elves were never subtle when it comes to expressing opinion."

"Don't you mean never subtle, in general," Desmond asked, grinning happily as Reigner glared at him.

We all laughed, besides Reigner of course.

"And I explained myself before," I replied to Reigner's question, leading us into silence for a little while.

"I have a question," Kieran said, making us all turn to look at him expectantly. "Wasn't Desmond your advisor, not your guard?"

"I don't really understand it either," Kila agreed as I slowly turned bright red. I would've hid behind my hair, but it was tied up! Reigner giggled as Desmond also turned bright red.

"You two should know, well, you at least Kieran," Reigner grinned.

Kila furrowed her brows in confusion, but it didn't take Kieran long. His smile was slow and it had understanding in it, along with a hint of arrogance. "I see," Was all he said.

"Oh shut it Mr. Arrogance," I snapped, making my horse go faster.

Desmond was quick to catch up to me, Reigner and the others following, all wearing bright grins.

"You should know, it is actually kind of adorable, and the best plan of action, he will protect you the most," Kieran said.

"Speaking of protection, where are your guards?" I asked, choosing to ignore their teasing.

"I am King of Summer, I do not need guards," He replied, making himself glow brighter with arrogance.

I rolled my eyes, "That's the exact reason why you do need them."

"Let me guess, they ditched you?" Reigner said, trying really hard to hide her excitement at the chance to annoy him.

"No, I just thought that my guards needed to be with my people, that and you have guards, so I'm safe," He replied, giving up the act.

"Just because we're guards, doesn't mean that we'll protect you," Desmond said lowly.

Kieran looked offended, but it didn't last long as we finally arrived at the palace, where Caterine was waiting for us. The look of relief on her face made me smile, she truly did care, and the look of surprise on her face when she saw Kieran was priceless.